Gutho knee issues

Nrl Physio reporting that Gutho has been getting his knee drained of fluid and dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee he had surgery on. Obviously not a good sign and he's not close to 100%. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That doesn't sound good for gutho this early in the season. No wonder he's not kicking for goals .  Credit to him for playing through the pain.  

• Sounds like a bakers cyst. 

• Apparently he didnt train all week leading into that game.

No doubt he's got some issues, pretty evident when he's running.

• I reckon Lomax was probably promised FB when Gutho is past it. Probably incentives built into that deal if and when that happens.

Might be sooner than we think!

• Him or Blaize will get Flb. Other will get centre, Gutho is nearing the end tbh

• BA sees talagi as the long term fullback even though he has never played fullback apart from a couple of reserve grade games. It makes perfect sense for him to prepare talagi for the fullback role by not giving him experience playing the role in reserve grade but picking him on the bench in first grade. It worked out so well for JA when he did the same for him.  In case you didn't get it I was being sarcastic. 

• Gutho is the heart and soul of this team. The bloke gives everything every week. He's playing busted but it seems like he's always playing busted. He enters each game with so much tape on him it must be sending the club broke. I hope they have a tape sponsorship. 
    I don't think the club have currently have any plans to move Gutho from FB until 2026 at the earliest. However I don't think he'll last. I can see Gutho and Lomax sharing FB in 2025. 
    Gutho is a conundrum. The average NRL fan hates him but I don't understand why. He's a clean skin, a family man, plays fair and sportsman like., talks well. 
    I wish he could last forever but his body is letting him down and I can't see him lasting much longer. 

• think it boils down to three reasons. 1. People think he came up with the King Gutho nickname when it was in fact Johns/Fittler who made it up, and as a result people think he is full of himself, secondly he has never won anything and when your nicknamed King or King Gutho and haven't won anything it puts people's noses out of joint, thirdly because he challenges every call, argues, complains with the referee all the time, people don't like that, they think it's rude or whiny behaviour to constantly challenge the referee

• Yeah I highly doubt he'll miss any games even with this knee issue, he's as tough as they come 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

jamesy posted a photo
53 seconds ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Still haven't answered, you know this how?, or are you full of excrement."
2 minutes ago
HKF replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Quite a few young coaches have made an impression the last few years, payton, fitzgibbon, Webster and even cirraldo is starting to do a good job at the dogs."
4 minutes ago
Space Eel replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Yes"
4 minutes ago
More…