Gutho knee issues

Nrl Physio reporting that Gutho has been getting his knee drained of fluid and dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee he had surgery on. Obviously not a good sign and he's not close to 100%. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Luais a great example. Many on here will say he's shit and overated , blah blah blah, but he's leaps and bounds more effective than Brown on a week to week basis . But dare say Browns overated and wow, won't you go down like a lead baloon. It's blind hypocrisy.  Now I get that being a fan means you're going to be allowed some rose coloured glasses , like I said earlier , it's like a parent watching their own children compete. But when the teams not putting in year after year in games they should be winning, there comes a time wheras you've gotta be a little more accepting of people questioning players consistent ability and stop just judging them on  those games where they did perform well. Fans like Ploppa and Muttman start putting words in peoples mouths to discredit their opinion rather than consider that there may just be some truth to the opinions. 

Just like when someone has questioned their kids ability . Blinkered bias. 

• To me Parra are very hated due to Gutho and Moses. From what i gather they hate their bickering to the refs. Even to the point where i have my mates actually cheer on any team versing Parra and cheering them to lose even not wishing me luck for GF as they said if we win they cannot make jokes anymore and hope we lose. Gutho and Moses are wonderful players, they can do my head in with their complaining but are good blokes nonetheless. But just not liked, even back in the day had people say if NSW ever picked Moses they would not watch Origin.

• And both Moses and Gutherson are spoken as being massively overated.  Like Braith Anasta like overated.  And you can understand why opposition fans would say that. Neither have done fuck all in regards ro major achievements in the game yet both are raved on about by the media like immortals. And both dragged out their contract negotiations like they were hot property with a half  dozen clubs to decide over. Gutherson had zero and Moses had two maybe three at best. 

• Why would you care or pay any attention what opposition fans think about our players.What are you expecting them to say they have a love affair with them.

As for Gutho I think because everyone is comparing him to the athletic freaks that exist in the game he'll never receive his due.He's a footballer through and through.

Moses is one of very few players in this league worth 7 figures.

• Because they'll give an opinion that's not always favourable . There's plenty of players in the NRL at other clubs that will get wraps on here . So if you're point is that opposition fans will always give a negitive opinion because they play for other teams , then that's rubbish. However Parra fans will always see their stars in a much more favourable light unless you're the coaches son. 

Let me ask this then, why do we keep failing miserably if we have all of these great players ? It can't be just the coach, how many times have we heard that Meninga only won games due to him having a great roster of players ? Or Stuart , or Hagan , ? If we have these great players that aren't overrated , what's our issue ?  Shouldn't need a great coach if we are jam packed with talent in such vital positions. 

Athletic freaks are winning games and Guthersons been underwhelming, many here seem to have a romance with how many try's get saved and don't look at how bad we are at tactical attack. Gutherson is great in patches . Far from good enough to be a title threat kind of player. The game is passing him by. 

He can certainly be the difference between a win and a loss when he's at his best. But they're few and far between these days. 

• Muttman, would you consider moving Gutho to the wing next year when Lomax arrives? Minnichello did this successfully for a couple of years at the end of career with the chooks.

Gutho could still be the voice for the boys at the back, is safe under a high ball and already brings the ball back for kick chase so I don't think we lose anything there with our current wingers.

• He has no pace to be on the wing and his carry's are not strong 

• Rusty nuts, you mean you want him to be like a Warren Boland type or Chris Anderson who capt from the wing? Can't see it bud 

• Gutho moves to 14. He can play 1,6, & 9. Look at the Storm, Panthers, they have a bench player that can cover those positions.

Gutho has all the skill, all the heart, just not the knees, speed or power. In a reduce capacity Gutho would be massive at 14. Spine player goes down, we covered. That's huge. 

• Since when is Gutho a Hooker? Really trust him defending in the middle? Sometimes people think if you have passing skills and can run you are a Hooker.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"I have sat on Boards and I have never been the smartest person in the room. What I did have was the best advice from people that were glad to help the goals I was trying to achieve. That advice came from a World Chairman of one of the world's…"
37 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"You don't need to be a great player to be on a football board, management experience and a quota of football/sport administration and understanding is the imperative along with a degree of entrenprenaural understanding..
Contrary to Wiz's…"
48 minutes ago
Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Didn't I read recently where Parramatta Council has become a sponsor of the Eels? Maybe part of that agreement was that in return they had someone on the football club Board?"
59 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Actually Wiz, I have a degree for you, its based in Antartica and is called 30 degrees minus. I initially thought the Arctic but then realised you coud run into Santa Claus and every one knows you would have got up him over the options in Moses and…"
1 hour ago
More…