Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels

Tonight we see the battle of Brooky with the Eels again up against Manly, but this time on their turf and with a no doubt strong sense of redemption after a controversial win for the Eels a few weeks ago. Sanders makes his debut in a massive game, particularly for our boys. I have a feeling that we are going to get our arses handed to us tonight and face another week of media scrutiny and talk about BA in general.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

Go you Eels!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Manly also had 10 in the bin. 

• Yep, both teams did well with 12 men for the first 10 mins. Having a second player sent for the final ten minutes is always gonna be a big ask. Their comments fail to recognise any of this.

• So going by the presser , even the journos knew we had some poor calls against us. They asked the question about the descisions which tells me that it's just not us thinking we were hard done by. 

• I think referees are making easy targets, we made a lot of errors in the first 20. 

• Turbo played the ball from planting the ball on the ground. Penalty Manly. 
    But this is what you get when you're desperate to win away from home. 

• I know I'm going to put some off side but I was watching Fox and to be fair I thought the post game analysis of Parker, Ennis and Graham was very good. 

Parker made some excellent points. He basically said that the Eels forwards seem to be all the same body shape and when they get to about the 50th minute they are so fatigued that  they make some silly mistakes.

He said that the Eels are down hill skiers and he's 100% correct.

Graham basically agreed with him and said as long as teams are able to hold the Eels in the middle then they fatigue so badly that the nimble ball playing forwards can run through them. They signalled out Lane for his terrible miss when Cherry Evans scored. 

I know the Ennis is everyone's favourite bad guy here but I agreed with everything they said. 

I was happy with the Eels effort but I think in the second half we were just so bloody fatigued that we couldn't cope. 

• Ennis in post game is actually pretty good. It is during the game in commentary he is unbearable.

• Turbo was offside when penisini was sin binned for tackling him off the ball, what a disgrace. 

• Just shown on Ch 9 that Turbo was offsite with the incident when he chased the ball that sent Penisini to the sin bin. The bunker and ref and 2 touch judges were all influenced by the crowd. 

• I hope Moses doesn't come back early and risk re-injury... the season is gone, just don't get the spoon. Clock In Clock Out, Punch In Punch Out, don't do any over and aboves, the players need to look out for themselves... no injuries.. the coach needs to go!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Great write up once again HOE.

R10: Broncos at Commbank
R11: Storm at Suncorp
R12: Rabbits at Accor
R13: Sharks at Commbank
R14: Dogs at Accor
R15: Roosters at Commbank

I honestly can't see where a win will come in the next 6 weeks.
I see us…"
39 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Crikey, we're stuffed. Defence worse than the spoon years. That hurts. F u BA. "
1 hour ago
Frank The Tank replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"That's my concern too.
A few wins and suddenly all is well according to the board and then they extend BA for a few more years.
Rinse repeat and the problem will continue with no end in sight."
2 hours ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Age of players seems to be a factor in a lot of discussion. Bennett is a smart guy by having the foresight and understanding with engaging someone like Dr Jauncey to be part of his coaching team.. An ageing Coach like Bennett may or may not be part…"
3 hours ago
More…