Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels

Tonight we see the battle of Brooky with the Eels again up against Manly, but this time on their turf and with a no doubt strong sense of redemption after a controversial win for the Eels a few weeks ago. Sanders makes his debut in a massive game, particularly for our boys. I have a feeling that we are going to get our arses handed to us tonight and face another week of media scrutiny and talk about BA in general.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

Go you Eels!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you watched every reserve grade game like me. I am all for BA to be gone. But trust me sanders was not ready before. In the first couple weeks in Reggie's he was still kicking balls out on a full, missing tackles etc. but last couple weeks he has fixed all that up 

• Fair call. I havent watched much reggies thats why i asked the question. I thought you might have just echoed the coach. 

• Fitler was 17

• shut the F up Corey Parker you Oompa Loompa 

• I don't need to see more, Sanders is calm, and collected, this kid is good and way better than the other options we used in the halves after Mitch was injured. How the hell didn't BA see this? 

• 5 line breaks to 1, feels like we left some points out there.

If we hung on to the ball and made their big men work off the line like we did the last 10 mins their defence becomes non existent 

Sanders has helped free up the backline, our backrowers need to work on their lines and get hands on there soon and get him supporting the ball carrier through the middle.

How Hopgood doesn't have any one pushing up on his right everytime he runs the ball is beyond me.

• Same for DB, he's poked his head through the line without any support every second run. 

• X 3 Hopgood and brown need support players when they run the ball. The fact BA has not indefied this from the box and sent down instructions 

• Line speed, tackle intent, work from marker, kick chase, shape & depth in attack, man, as impressive as it's been you have to shake your head in disbelief at this team.

Shout out to Sanders, my hand is up, didn't think he was ready defensively but he's looked fantastic. 

• Should be up 26-6

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Great write up once again HOE.

R10: Broncos at Commbank
R11: Storm at Suncorp
R12: Rabbits at Accor
R13: Sharks at Commbank
R14: Dogs at Accor
R15: Roosters at Commbank

I honestly can't see where a win will come in the next 6 weeks.
I see us…"
3 hours ago
Bob Smith replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Crikey, we're stuffed. Defence worse than the spoon years. That hurts. F u BA. "
5 hours ago
Frank The Tank replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"That's my concern too.
A few wins and suddenly all is well according to the board and then they extend BA for a few more years.
Rinse repeat and the problem will continue with no end in sight."
5 hours ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Age of players seems to be a factor in a lot of discussion. Bennett is a smart guy by having the foresight and understanding with engaging someone like Dr Jauncey to be part of his coaching team.. An ageing Coach like Bennett may or may not be part…"
6 hours ago
More…