Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They all are no doubt the real problem but you cannot say that BA doesn't deserve to get punted?

Of course he bloody does and he shouldve been sacked mid sentence at last night's presser.

• Totally agree!... I bet sarantinos will be saying don't worry braddles I still believe in you

• Frank he can deserve it all he likes but if the higher ups aren't or haven't the balls to pull the trigger that's the real issue isn't it.

• To have 8 trys put on you in 40min is totally unacceptable.He said the players have to do something about it and I agree but it's also the coaches job to get the team ready and wanting to play.

The last three weeks we've had 105 put on us and only 51 for this team keeps making the same shitty mistakes week in week out. Brad Arthur is cooked and his presser last night suggests he's out of ideas.

• Whilst stating the bloody obvious, it all started to go downhill when Moses got injured. 

BUT the moment it went completely haywire was when BA moved Brown from 5/8 to halfback. 

Brown is a great 5/8 BUT HE ISNT A HALFBACK !!!

To no one's great surprise, BA, instead of realising the mistake, just doubled down and refused to move him back. 

Yes, Sanders is inexperienced and probably going to the Raiders but he was the one who needed to come in then and the one that needs to come in now. 

Will BA move Brown back - no. And the implosion will continue until Brown moves back and suddenly, like fairy dust, it will all be good again. 

• Yep.

Anyone with half a brain could see that Brown at halfback was a stupid idea.

He runs around like a chook with its head cut off.

Another coaching master-stroke from Bushie. 

• I've no problem that BA tried it. That's fair enough but it was very evident, straight away that we lost so much from the move that it effected the whole team. 

My biggest problem is that he refused to acknowledge it and, predictably, continued to double down on it - that's his biggest problem, the sheer hubris.

It's not too late, but he has to swallow his pride and send Brown back to 5/8 now. It's made even easier now that Asi won't be there.

• Mate it is to late.

Our season is well and truly over.

With Asi out, Bushie will probably just put Talagi back there.

• He will. Or he will put Matto in at half or Junior at half ....but won't admit his mistake. 

You can blame the players as much as you like Brad but sometimes coaching is important too. 

• Cronk mentioned this and it's not what number BA plays DB it is about adapting the game plan around getting the most out of DB.

The coaching failure here is we are still using the same structure as if Moses was still there that is the glaring fault of the coach.

I also mentioned that Barrett was important here in how we attacked.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Is that you Brad?"
2 hours ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Thank you my son"
2 hours ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Email address?"
2 hours ago
Adam Magrath replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"This is just the way Wayne would want things to be played out in the media. I think we are in a good position. McElduff declined to comment, that's just the response we should be giving at this stage."
2 hours ago
More…