Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dylan said he didn't know why they were flat and it was an " attitude thing".. With the number of players out in the Dolphins side you would have thought the "attitude thing" would be a problem for the Dolphins.I don't know how we can progress from where we are at now..It will be difficult. We may continue with a good win here and there but will be vulnerable to fall back again 

• I hope Lomax wasn't watching that. If he did he should be back flipping hard.

That was depressing, but let's be honest with ourselves, predictable. I bet we all kinda felt that coming...we hoped it wouldn't, but we all know this is what we do, we fold to teams we should beat easily.

This season is now officially dead, buried and cremated for the Eels.

• Well what more is there to say? 
    We suck! The Coach has lost the room. The coach has run out of ideas. The season is over. We are masochists for returning week in, week out for this dog shit. 
    Oh and LB's blog on the good and bad will be the Bad, the ugly and the embarrassing 

• After the first try to put the dolfins in front I could see a big change happening and said the the misses the dolfins could get to fifty as parra were completely gone " 

• Cannot wait to see TCT say "Darwin is bad and should never go back there" meanwhile letting players off the hook and not mentioning BA at all and just hiding from the obvious, closing their eyes and blocking their ears yelling "Lalalalalalalala" as we show facts.

• LB are you OK? Have you just woken up?

• About time he (and a few others) did.

• I didn't renew my season ticket membership because deep down I seen this coming,  I'm not a fair weather fan, I've stayed solid through thick and thin but I couldn't stomach watching a team underperform. Losing mosrs is no excuse for the loss against the tigers and the absolute garbage that was dished up tonight.  Ba has coached beyond his limits,  if the club doesn't remove him and hire a new coach than the management is responsible for the fallout. As members and fans we have no say in who runs the footy department but we can vote out the board members that do. I will start voting against all sitting members at any up coming election on the club board until all current members are gone if action isn't taken. 

• Darwin is purely a financial decision reaping huge dollars to do this week up there every year . Parramatta won't ever cancel this deal. 
    In terms of todays performance. Embarrassing, humiliating and almost predictable.  If Russell finishes that movement with a regulation wingers try we are almost had them playing for next week . 
    we all know one thing Arthur won't resign .  He is on close to 1m per year . He is not falling on his sword. He will make us sack him and get paid out . Everyone in life has their own legacy .  His is being the longest serving eels coach who could not win a trophy . 

• Some people get promoted above their station in life - BA is a prime example of this.

People say BA will get another gig in the NRL, honestly I dont think there will be many if any clubs looking for his style of coaching......

He knows it that's why they will have to carry him out by force.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Is that you Brad?"
59 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Thank you my son"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Email address?"
1 hour ago
Adam Magrath replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"This is just the way Wayne would want things to be played out in the media. I think we are in a good position. McElduff declined to comment, that's just the response we should be giving at this stage."
1 hour ago
More…