Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins

I'm in Cairns and it's very hot and humid here, so I can imagine what Darwin is like and how the boys are feeling!

Tonight we see the Eels take on Benny's boys in our annual home game in the Territory. Recent years have been unsuccessful for the Eels copping a couple of touch ups and hopefully this year is different. The Dolphins have their best 3 players out and even with Moses out, there are no excuses for BA and the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Talagi is used from the bench if he is used at all! I am one who agrees with his selection, he's just got to be in the team somewhere.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Eels by 16

MOM Brown

• Although I picked Parra in the tipping comp, I did so with no great confidence. 

I am probably in the minority but for me, Talagi on the bench is ridiculous. 

It is hot and humid in Darwin and four forwards on the bench makes a lot more sense. 

I honestly don't know who to go with so I will go with heart over head.

Parra 19 Dolphins 18

Mom Asi (field goal to win it)

• I can see your reservations, honestly do not know until we see the game unfold. But you could say the same if we lose any of our back 5 to a HIA, would be worse having say Tuilagi at Centre for majority of the game. 

• Carty or Matterson would've been better centre options than Tualagi. 

That one was on the coach.

• Even then you fall victim to a forward playing out a t Centre while fatigued

• Yes but both Carty and Matterson have proven they are 80 minute players.

I just belive we would've been a better chance with either of them at centre than Tualagi. 

As for this game, there are no guarantees that a back will go down injured but you can guarantee the forwards will be stuffed playing in the heat and humidity of Darwin.

It's definitely horses for courses and Talagi is the wrong horse for this course. 

• Dolphins by 16 unfortunately 

• Eels by 18

• Eels will win in a very close, ugly game

• Gosh if we can't win this with the amount of injureds they have it's a big worry🤞

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"And here we are Pops do you really have confidence in this board getting Bennett over the line be honest ?
If they can't get rid of a coach that's looking by the day past his used by date what hope do you have of them executing the above.
It all…"
2 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"Now, Bennett is a coach players would sign to play under."
3 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"I actually feel for the Parramatta board as there will be huge pressure on them to make the right decision. Brad Arthur has been in charge of the coaching there for so long and if he is sacked there will be a big backlash from a lot of supporters,…"
3 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Nightmare Off-Season's discussion What Jason Demetriou’s axing as South Sydney coach means for struggling powerhouse Parramatta Eels
"Maybe that's who Souths are really looking at? English halfback English coach?"
7 minutes ago
More…