Game Day Blog - Eels vs Cowboys

I think for Eels fans, the most exciting thing to watch during tonight's game vs the Cows is big Smokin' Joe playing in Eels colours. Personally, I can't wait to see him line up for us and play the Cows for the second time for him in a week.

Another intriguing thing to see is if the Eels can maintain the form shown vs the Rabbits last week.

A couple of milestones tonight. Ogden plays his 50th game and Hodgson his 150th. We're back at Commbank on a Friday night and let's hope the throw together forward pack can dominate the Cow's pack.

I'm really looking forward to this game and hopefully we can put a score on these guys.

So, who wins and by what margin?

MOM?

GO YOU EELS!!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is a game we're expected to win, so we'll struggle. 

• Lol have been thinking the same!

• They are weak in the backs. But to get to them we have to play direct and fast and expose the edges .  We just must win.  Simple .  2 points and bye and regroup . 

• Eels comfortably. 13+, probably a lot more, say 34-12. 

MOM: MM. 

• hopefully  another repeat after last  week's  performance in which I'm confident in saying  a eels  victory  34 over  the  cows 8. mom Dylan brown. 

• Really worried about their experienced pack v ours. Tonight is the night Hodgson must step up be 'leader of our pack' or off he goes

• Parra by 8. Our forwards need to hold them and defend well; we do that and we will be ok. 

• Fuck it im going total recall  here - 24 -20 to  Parra 

Get your ass to Mars.. get your ass to Mars .. get your ass to Mars 

• Better win... I hate going out in the first leg of a weekend multi.

Forwards need to hold their own and at least match up... do that and if our spine / backs operate to ability we should be comfortable. Cows backline is poo in comparison.

• The Cowboys can't defend quick shifts, lots of ball movement pulls their defence apart.

With different wing, centre and halves pairings, they're right for the picking if our forwards do a job.

42-10 Hodgson with a meat pie with Moses putting a dent in the leading point scorer race with a MOM performance 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eels95 replied to EA's discussion Eels NSW Cup
"Nanva is all effort. That kick chase followed by a try saver. He has really surprised me."
3 minutes ago
EA replied to EA's discussion Eels NSW Cup
"Yep he does not offer much in attack like Martin. However in defence they lead the line speed and so aggresive. Does the 1%rs too. I am with you. I didn't rate him much last year or start of this year. But ever since he got promoted back to cup this…"
8 minutes ago
EA replied to EA's discussion Eels NSW Cup
"Nava with great work. Winger jammed in but he avoid him and than draws in two more defenders and flicks it out the back the Alamadine who walks in untouched "
9 minutes ago
Eels95 replied to EA's discussion Eels NSW Cup
"Wow what a try assist from Nanva. He has really impressed me.

That was slick from Lynn to Sanders. "
9 minutes ago
More…