Gallen and Gus Write us off

Just watched 100% footy on 9. Gallen doesn't really rate Parra. He said Storm without Smith should beat us and we don't really pose any threat . While Gus says we have a week mindset and can't play well against good teams . He refrenced is getting run over by Roosters beating us after taking a lead with Teddy out also Raiders almost beating us when we were up 24-12. He thinks we beat up on the small teams but can't hang with the big ones . He must of forgot his Panthers only loss was against the Eels , with Panthers up 10 nil with 62 minutes left to win 16-10. They do have some fair points we smashed Broncos in semi and got smashed next week by Melbourne . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Both Gus and Gallen are pushing their own agendas but I do agree in what they are saying in the fact that we can't play for 80 mins. We learn to play for 80 we can beat anyone. 

• While they're probably right, I stopped listening to Gould years ago. He just spouts slogans and cliques nowadays. 

• We haven't got the right ingredients

• To win the comp we need to beat the Roosters and the Storm. We haven't done that in quite some time so it's fair to question our credentials there.

The rest of it is BS. We play well against everyone else. We've beaten everyone else. 

On current form we aren't contenders. I'm hoping we're just in a predicatble mid-season dip however I'm concerened we're in a proper form slump. Based on what I've seen this past month, I think we will get beaten well by the Sharks this weekend. We have no sense of urgency about us defensively. Line speed and first up contact is passive at best. When I see Parra starting to charge out of the line to put shots on, really make a statement with their defence then I'll be more comfortable. I haven't seen anything like that since we played the Raiders.

• Cronulla struggled against a very poor Brisbane last week. Don't read too much into that game - it was more a case of who was less worse! Mind you they will still grow a leg after some wins and will come after a top 3 team so we need to be on the ball. We should win but can't afford to gift them 61% of the ball like we did against Canterbury.

• On paper we should win. But given our passive form and the fact it's an away game I'm not at all confident. I can't tip us this week. 

• I won't be either

Sharks to win by 18 and the following weeks Parra to finally wake up from their slumber.

• make the win against sharkies this weekend even better

• Both these knobs unfortunately get paid to have an opinion and unfortunately if you don't have Fox you have to listen to them.

The Gf isn't played for 3 months - and this is a very long season of 18 games straight.

We need to be peaking on our run in two months - not now.

The main two things are 1. we keep winning and 2. we get our squad as healthy as we can for the finals series. Both are tracking well and people will always knock Parra cos it gets attention

Gould is a bitter old man

Gallen is just a dickhead 

• Fox have their own set of knobs though. I don't believe I have ever heard a positive thing said about Parra on Fox. At least 9 has Sterlo, who will always be objective.

Agreed though that there is still a way to go. The important thing is make sure we win the games. It's like Parra are doing just enough to win and nothing more. Obviously the Manly game took them by surprise.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Speech replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"See the advantage of a half as captain gave the ref heaps and then gets a penalty. Disgraceful refereeing"
33 seconds ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Piggy back after piggy back from this dick for Manly. When done to is, nothing saiid."
51 seconds ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Whiny spitting llama "
2 minutes ago
Bup replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Simonssons all at sea on the wing, try off the back of a bullshit penalty"
2 minutes ago
More…