Fong and co.'s 2019 excuses in advance

Rememeber https://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/calling-out-the-ba-haters

Fong, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Frank the Tank and Alan Hunt were the only BA haters/sackers with the gonads to put their reputations on the line in a bet against Ross, Paul Stephen, Goyoueels and myself as BA supporters. When the Eels finish top 4 (top 8 for Fong)  this year then the haters/sackers will have their 1EE names changed to whatever the BA supporters choose and they don't  get therir names back until our next wooden spoon. In the unlikely event that we finish bottom 4 (bottom 8 for me) then the BA haters/sackers get to change our 1EE name to whatever they like and it stays until the Eels win their next premiership - which won't be long given we will win two before 2020.

I can tell Fongy is getting distressed about having his prized 1EE name altered by yours truly in several months, so I thought we could support Fongy and Co. through this difficult time by helping them come up with some excuses in advance e.g.

1. We got lucky, next year we will finish bottom four, how about double or nothing?

2. It only happened because BA listened to our whining and followed our advice

3. I always knew we could do it, I didn't really mean it

4. My opinions change with the footy score and I would be more than happy to change my 1EE name to The Fong/Arnie/Frank/Alan loves BA and wants to bear his children

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why would anyone love or hate Brad Arthur? He's a coach who's only good enough to get a job at an undesirable club. There's no reason to have strong feelings about him either way.

• Dreams do come true! Even wet dreams.

• This reply was deleted.
    • He's still got his chance. He's contracted for another year. As far as failing to produce the goods, he's done no worse than the previous two Eels coaches, who have both done better at their new (but still shit) clubs.

• He’s also had a longer opportunity than his predecessors and still come up with Jack.

Hes run out of ideas, has shown his inadequacies (too many to mention) and his time will be up soon enough.

• This reply was deleted.
        • If they were duds they wouldn't still be coaching.

• I don’t think I’ve ever said I hated the guy, I said he’s had enough time as head coach to show what he’s got but come up short.

5 years is a long time as head coach and we need a new set of eyes and ideas.

• Making a bet with someone who reneged on his previous bet seems like a stupid idea to me.  

• While I fully intend to honour my bet if I lose. This is  only meant to be fun and a bit tongue in cheek - although I was also being genuinely optimistic and trying to balance the pessimism. I am glad Fong did not honour his previous bet. Don’t want to see anyone leave the site and although Fong can be offensive, the site would not be the same without him. 

• Yeah just think it weak to make a bet and not follow through.  Don't make the bet if not willing to through with it.

• Hey! How did I get dragged into this? I don’t remember any bet! I’ve had this name for ever and I’m not risking it on the Eels finishing top 4. Top 8 I’m confident of though.

I’m not a BA lover, but definitely not a hater either. Reckon he’s going ok with the cattle he has and the way the rules change indiscriminately. The one thing I do hate is the personal insult crap against a coach/player who I think is trying their best.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bourbon Man replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Muttman is a sensible contributer. You asked a question, he gave you an answer. Caylo is but one option. 
Wayne Bennett is the better option but we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. "
2 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Instead of being a complete flog and showing you know fuck all yourself. How about suggestions or something like that. Instead of just being dropkick and wanting the same thing year after year. "
2 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Mediocre
"Another dumb remark, " our wins are from the opposition letting us", let's hope the Storm and Broncos are in a generous mood when we play them, and let us win, maybe we can ask them nicely."
4 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"As I've explained quid a million times, there is fuck all options available for interim coach. He can't bring cancer into a club when he is just coming into coach the team. Nothing to do with recruitment or long term effects on the club. Plus I just…"
10 minutes ago
More…