Replies

• Don't believe we have the best people in the recruitment space,  not sure they could sell a heater in the Antarctic.

• Where is the news of Talagi shopping himself around? Hope it's not true.

At his debut jersey presentation his family spoke very highly of the club. Didn't look like he would move on too easily.

• The timing of the anouncement is really crap and that's another red mark against our football department. They could have easily made an agreement to wait.

But for Sanders and his own career, this is the right move. Hopefully we stay close in case we want him to come home in the future. I hope he grows into his potential, and here's hoping he kills it over the next few weeks for us.

• Yep. The timing was not exquisite, but it always appeared inevitable Sanders was going to leave.

Best case scenario: in 5-7 years when Moses is ready to retire a little after his mid-30s, Sanders will be in his mid-20s starting the prime of his career living up to his potential. And ready to come back home. It's not a given, but it's not impossible. Paolo came back from the Raiders in 2019.

Even the might of the Panthers can't hold onto their depth halves. Falls, Coggar, and Kotoa all left because they had the Luai-Cleary roadblocks.

• Cant blame him. He wants to play first grade football.

Shame there was no room for him on the bench.

• BA is a joke. Sanders only getting a run because we're forced through injuries yet ba had no hesistation giving JA game time, even contemplated moving brown to centre to accomodate JA in the halves. Sanders clearly the one with more potential as he's played nsw u20s as 7, but because he's behind Moses and brown BA doesn't want him at all. Makes you wonder

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"I have sat on Boards and I have never been the smartest person in the room. What I did have was the best advice from people that were glad to help the goals I was trying to achieve. That advice came from a World Chairman of one of the world's…"
14 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"You don't need to be a great player to be on a football board, management experience and a quota of football/sport administration and understanding is the imperative along with a degree of entrenprenaural understanding..
Contrary to Wiz's…"
25 minutes ago
Parramatta Tragic replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Didn't I read recently where Parramatta Council has become a sponsor of the Eels? Maybe part of that agreement was that in return they had someone on the football club Board?"
36 minutes ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"Actually Wiz, I have a degree for you, its based in Antartica and is called 30 degrees minus. I initially thought the Arctic but then realised you coud run into Santa Claus and every one knows you would have got up him over the options in Moses and…"
40 minutes ago
More…