Ethan Sanders / BA

Lost in the million reasons why we should get rid of BA  Sanders leaving the club at the first chance is near top of the list. 
Hes not going somewhere where he'll slot straight into an NRL halves gig .. he's going to be backup for the short term like he is here .

Having a quality young 7 developed in your system is a god send . Eventually if you're good in that area you will lose them , but for those early years of their development they provide you with good backup and in the salary cap era that's your reward for their junior development. Add to that it gives you cover for a couple of years in the ever changing rugby league landscape. Say touch wood someone cops an injury and circumstances chance .. for a couple of years developing the next NRL 7 gives you cover. 
I honestly can't imagine a world where a figure like Wayne Bennett , Gus Gould , Bellamy , Trent Rob etc etc tells a young half we need you the next couple of years and they leave . There's stories about how Penrith had Jarome Luai coming through but signed Maloney to pair with Cleary and Gus sat him down and said sit it out and develop here .. he did and they both got the rewards. Melbourne is currently doing it with Pezet . Clearly , BA and those at the club don't have the same pull . The most promising 7 coming through the grades would rather develop under Ricky Stuart and to me that's another damning reason to get rid of him. He has no clout in the game , his voice means F all . It's at the point where his development history and 3 finals wins or whatever it is in 11 years is a pathetic resume and it doesn't come close to stacking up against the heavy weight coaches.  If Bennett was here I bet he stays . BA has got to go . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Was Mitchell Moses a better player at the Tigers than what he is now.

DB stagnated how are you backing this statement up with all I'm seeing is a half with the sky being the limit.

So I don't know where your getting he can't develop halves.

Both players are representative players playing under the present coach.

• Moses came through af Tigers. The brainiacs here thought he was too small for first grade and the Tigers put a lot of work into him and gave him his chance . When he came here he had all the talent in the world and BA helped really simplify his game and helped him focus on areas that have improved him as a footballer. I will give you that one .

Dylan Brown though I don't think has reached close to where he should've. I think very early on BA pigeoned holed him as a runner of the football and  tried to get Jake to come through as the game managing half . Problem was Jake didn't have the talent to be a first grade footballer at 18. In my opinion if you look at Dylan's game now his defence is elite as is his scramble and willingness to compete .. but his week to week game as a half leaves a lot to be desired . His kicking game is completely sub par , his run / pass selection is eratic .. if you watch him the other night it's humid as hell and he's taking Lane right into the line flat and making it hard for him to hold the ball when he should just be giving it to him early to take on Nikorima.. he's a good player with plenty of potential and the sky is the limit for him, the problem here is we're paying him like he's a top 10 half in the comp in the hope he might get there during his contract . Moses is out and he's all at sea and it really highlights the areas of his game that have been neglected over the last 5 years. 

• Dylan Brown ain't the smartest footballer that's for sure. Hes blessed with some great natural talent , but that's it. He is certainly not a playmaker , not even close. He looks like he's gone as far as his natural ability is going to take him. He's a great reader in defence but in attack as far as strategic thinking goes he's got dark glasses , a Labrador and a cane. He just survives on instincts which is all good sometimes. 

• No coach does have that magical power. You know Bellamy lost Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Nicho Hynes, the block of cheese and so many more. So if you didn't understand, he did everything possible to keep them 3 of my examples but they left for better opportunities. So he has great pull when a player wants to leave hey? If you say junior you meant, that's Tino. 

I'm not sticking up for BA one bit, most juniors you can somehow win them over. Sanders reason to leave the club, is the reasons I've stated before, no coach will have any pull on him staying. Unless you want Moses or brown gone. I'm going to hit my head against the wall now

Dylan Brown is only 23, most halves don't mature till 25 at least. Plus he is a running half but doing ok doing the playmaking, while being the only half playing atm. How many other young halves are playing regular good footy over a period of 4 or 5 seasons. Most have a year or two and collapse from the pressure. 

• He lost all of them to starting positions at other clubs. They got to use those players in a premiership season as bench and depth pieces. We are losing them before that stage which is my whole point.

• Scottie, so does Sanders you idiot. That's what I'm trying to explain, he is promised a starting position. Whether it's 12 months or less it's the exact same thing. Fmd. 

• Yeah i agree, Sanders might be in reserves at Canberra but the path to FG is a lot more clearer. Moses and Brown both signed til 2027. Brown could decline the option but Sanders is not wasting a year to see if that happens.

• Thurston 32 when he won a GF

Cronk 30

Sean Johnson probably playing his best footy ever atm

Cleary is the exception rather than the rule. As you said halves take a while to mature, some never do. It's the position with the most scrutiny. Brown is doing just fine at 23. Moses is our half in his prime years. 

• There's no way they have promised him a first grade spot in 2 years. He would be developed with intention of taking over but if the development doesn't go as planned he'll be shopped. They're planning for him to take over down the track and he believes that's the best opportunity for his career. 
      Dylan Brown could touch another tit and get rubbed out for 3 years who knows. Brisbane might be looking for the best young  7 in the game in 2 years with a completely loaded roster .. things change quickly . Either way he hasn't seen it as in his best interests to grow his game here over the next year or 2. 

• Since assumptions the game here maybe he's just seen there being a better opportunity elsewhere and it may have nothing to do with development at all.

Maybe Sanders wants FG and with the depth throughout the nrl being at a bare minimum he sees Canberra as the better career opportunity.

I mean we can speculate all we want about how and why he hasn't chosen to stay but at the end of the day it's his decision situation regardless.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Adam Magrath replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Why take the risk in his last job on us? We are the perfect candidate, all the foundations are there. He gets the opportunity to accomplish something no one else has either been able to or willing to undertake for almost 40 years!!! What a way to go…"
2 hours ago
Tad replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"I think Bennett is around 73 74 How many years coaching does he have left on him? Is that really what Parra need right now and do we start the whole thing again in a couple of years?
Maybe if Chieka (sp) could be a better longer term option and…"
2 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Can't believe how many dumb fools are here, NO player has a get out clause if BA is sacked or leaves, I can guarantee that 100%."
4 hours ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
4 hours ago
More…