You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!
This reply was deleted.
More stuff to read
"Moretti will hit his prime years this in 27"
"Wow, poor bloke looks like he is 30 the way he moves."
"Surely Doorey is on the outer. He seems to never finish a season without major injuries. I highly doubt Doorey is in front of Morretti "
"Barry Toohey laughed at the suggestion Newcastle will go for Grant. He is pretty good with his sources."
Replies
Sam Tuivita is a must, I'd be re signing him for another 4 years!!
Til 2030 at least. Him and Leniu are a nice counter balance in that Leniu is that high energy mad man, Tuivaiti is the bigger working middle who can pump out 50-55+mins and make over 30 tackles with 10+ more runs. I felt Tuivaiti was underwhelming this year, he started well. But of course, a full season in the NRL at Prop can be a shock to the system, i bet he comes back even stronger and prepared for FG. Ryles should start him.
These will be Rush's first signings. I think Sam and Williams will get done. Sam's management we're holding off and I heard they didn't see eye to eye with Jim.
It will be good to see Rush's name associated with a few good re signings
Is it just me or does Tuivita seem a little injury prone for a 21-year-old?
Sort of, but also i think it is fair to give him another season to see how his body holds up. Being that size and playing regular starting footy at Prop can do a lot to a 21 year old. One more season where he only gets 12-15 games, then yeah.
The only issue I have is the head knocks because he puts himself in the strangest positions for a big man sometimes. But majority of his long term injuries were inflicted by other players in tackles for the past two seasons.
Well he will have injuries like lisfranc (he got in 2025) and a few knee problems. Basically due to his size and the demands of his body. Does he start 2027 coming off the bench or do we just prep him up and ease his minutes up and up?
So it can be a concern. Though let's give him this year.
Jack is the priority IMO. PNG are keen in him so gettinn him signed before November ineeds to be priority. Moretti plays a ryles style and runs great lines. He'd be my second priority of the three. Ideally we sign all 3.
I would have Sam T before Moretti but you are right he is a Ryles type of player
Slightly surprised at Moretti considering we have lots of forwards coming through. But at the same time, I have sensed him slightly going another level in our improved post origin performances.
All in all good news. Tuivati especially needs to be locked in.
-
1
-
2
-
3
-
4
of 4 Next