Eels facing million-dollar fight to retain star half

Honestly nothing to fear here, Rothfield practically said Moses is meeting with Parramatta this week to see if they can increase their offer slightly, Canterbury have offered $1.2mil, despite throwning coin at Crichton but ok, Wests have offered $1.3-1.4mil, where we are slightly over $1mil. Surely if we go to $1.2mil he will put pen to paper.

But the media are hoping, he said he wants Parramatta to increase slightly but no "I think they will get there", no just if he is going it'll be to Canterbury etc. The media are hoping; you know how like Nine News has video reels ready for when famous people die, so they had one for the Queen ready to go years before she died, they have one for John Laws, Elton John, Paul McCartney etc.

I believe the media have articles of us falling apart and we are no hope and we are this and that if Moses signs elsewhere, it is all written and ready to go, just need to hit publish once he signs, they are hoping and praying. Just sign the deal or go elsewhere and stop the discussion i am just over it Moses.

And for those who will say "Why post this" etc as they are over it, well i post news that pops up about Parramatta where i can.

https://www.zerotackle.com/eels-facing-million-dollar-fight-to-retain-star-half-126932/

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Guth's faults are like Wiz's opinions, highly overated.

• Logic is also a state of mind in many cases......if logic was the only answer we would have the favourites win every time.....if that doesn't work then its not logical....or mathematical.....what is it then Wiz?

• Ahoy brother Bert, howd the Christmas go ? Hope it was white my man. 

What would you propose with JA ? You know you still have to fill spots yeah ? So we'd be paying someone else that wage . Will Smith wanted 300k and got it , elsewhere . 

I'm under no illusions that Jake deserves to be highly paid as he simply ain't worth it , but let's asume that one of the only few blokes that seemed to put in all they've got during their opportunity in the GF was on 220k ( which I'd highly dispute mind you ) , then if we need to chop his salary to below minimum wage to keep Moses over 100k , then wouldn't you think the trouble lies elsewhere on the scale bud ? 

• Just fish'n, Wiz. Shits and giggles.

It snowed all through Xmas and new years, strange for a tropical climate 😉 

• Gutho’s kinda the quintessential 1%er player, isn't he. 

His strengths are predominantly in the ‘effort’ areas & aren’t as visually obvious as other fullbacks, making so many of the positive things he does in games easily missed.

He saves tries consistently through the amount of ground he covers & his goal line defence (which is excellent), plus his passing game & support play are generally really good. Players like Gutho don’t always make the highlights reels but they ‘can' also be the heart & soul of a team - we don't see what he brings behind the scenes.

Not saying I agree / disagree with his income, and like others was disappointed in his contract negotiations, but all this makes his financial worth all that much harder to gauge in my opinion.

One issue with Gutho is when he’s not at 110% you see it pretty quickly, as we did during that lull he had last year. He relies so heavily on those effort areas & his fitness that when fatigued he seems to make some poor decisions. 

He has his faults, but so does Papenhuyzen, and so does Latrell. Papz is electric in attack and awesome to watch, but his goal line defence is very average. Where Gutho saves tries consistently, Papz is thrown into the 3rd row by opposition players & Latrell may or may not be there, depending on his mood.

Edwards at 550k is a massive bargain, but at any other club other than the dual Premiers he’d be commanding another 200-300k. 

No doubt in the minority, but I wouldn’t swap Gutho for Papenhuyzen. Latrell just feels risky & don’t think we’d gain a heap by swapping him with Edwards - maybe just the extra speed.

Teddy & Turbo (when fit) are another kettle of fish, but they’re born with attributes Gutho just doesn’t naturally possess. Yet Turbo rarely plays & Teddy isn't coming to Parra.

Gutho is a very good player & even if overpaid 100k or so, doesnt feel like he’s our biggest retention / income concern imo. 
                    • Yes maybe so should we all stare at the world with your rose coloured glasses or should I be able to voice my own thoughts.Heaven forbid having answers to stupidity or rebutt something so obvious that your opinions are missing.

How dare I.

• 😜😜, I know legend .

I've been checking the letterbox daily waiting for your package ?  A parcel turned up labeled " The Columbian " and I got a bit excited , but then I opened it and it was my new dark skinned fleshlight. 

• Good old imaginary account Phil I want to sell papers Rothfield the man who plucks numbers out of nowhere what a magician he ought to be headlining in Vegas I think Nathan brown will go back to the tigers soon and then we announce Mitch has resigned with the eels and we have signed Marty taupau on a minimum contract and all this other BS is just that BS

• Much like Dylan Browns negotiations , Mitch's whole offseason has centred around journos putting 1 and 1 together and getting 3. We've never heard directly from Dylan, Mitch or the club until Dylans deal was done.

When this is over i'd at least hope these here can look at Rugby League media differently. Its sub par. The telegraph is run like a gossip magazine, fox sports is pure clickbait and then we have a bunch of ex player talking heads giving their 2 cents on shit they know nothing about. Ive heard Wendell Sailor talk on our cap situation... please.  With the growth of digital media, other sports around the world have progressed their media coverage over the last decade. Freelance jounalists putting out good work can work their way up into media roles. Rugbly League still has the same boofheads putting out the same garbage and crossing over into prime time tv slots. Joke!

The dialogue between Mitch and the club would be ongoing. He isnt going to come to us Mid Jan and say im off in November leaving over a mil in our cap and no one to sign. We have been good to mitch and he has been good to us. This isn't a top secret, we're in the dark while he dances around with other clubs. Hes not just showing up to a meeting this week and saying match these offers.. he's the last key big name off contract and he has an option in his favour. I'd say he'll either take the option in his favour or extend.. I don't think any major cap moves are happening for 2024 this late in proceedings.  Then we can all look back at guys like Dav Ricio who 'heard from key sources there is no chance he stays at Parra beyond 2023' and wonder what the fk value they add to rugby league.

• Interesting turn of events yesterday afternoon. It appears the Tigers offer is being turned down, the extra TPA,s didnt happen.

The Tigers are now sounding out Cobbo - go figure. 

Between Eels and Dogs now.

Things might begin to move now on the Brown and Tapau deals as well.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Eli Stephens replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"To be fair Garrick missed like 5 goals and manly passed the ball to raiders 3 times 🤣"
4 minutes ago
Hugo replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"Yeah I popped over and had a read. Considering they have total editorial control and do delete comments that challenge their view,  some fanboys are definitely arching up. The other fella forty seems somewhat reasonable but that sixties is a…"
13 minutes ago
Jimmy Wong replied to Nitram's discussion Canberra won, what now?
"Jordan Rapana
Knee
Round 11

Corey Horsburgh
Groin
Round 11

Jamal Fogarty
Biceps
Round 20

Zac Hosking
Shoulder
Indefinite 

Corey Harawira-Naera

That's a far worse Injury toll than BA has had. Against the Dolphins we only had one player…"
36 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to The Captain's discussion Board Update: Two Directors retire from Parra Eels.board
"You forgot sustainability.  Every great waffle manages to add their sustainability implementation goals and qualifications . 
Oh and collaboration is a must."
48 minutes ago
More…