Ducks and Drakes

I think it is interesting looking at the ladder in this final round. Bit like a game of poker, do we show our hand, call the other team’s bluff, or even let a game go?  I mean seriously GC 36- New 6?  Alternatively, relying on Cronulla to beat Canberra would seem nuts, another twist, Roosters go down to Souths, we win, they remain in 4th and play Penrith, we face Storm. Interested in others thoughts around this unusual final round and whether certain teams are possibly throwing games. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Roosters flat lined about a month ago then found their mojo again. Just shows  the best can have an off day at the office. I don't like to see any team flogged. Pressure building for finals as two contenders face each other. 

• Interesting conundrums for today's results. 
    1) Raiders win, Eels lose = 5th

2) Raiders lose, Eels win = 3rd

3) Raiders win, Eels win = 3rd 

4) Raiders lose, Eels lose = 4th

Suffice to say we'll be watching the Raiders closely. 

• I find it disgraceful that anyone can suggest that the roosters tanked , especially on this website . We lose a game or gets smashed , we are shit , ba is a bush coach , Moses is fucked , but a side that was red hot smashed the roosters ... they tanked 

if roosters wanted to tank they would have rested their side like storm and raiders instead of risking players get injuries by tanking and not putting the effort 

roosters coped 50, suck shit to the roosters fanboys on this site they can't win the comp this year .

'also for the dumb fucks that think they tanked to play Penrith instead of the storm , ONLY A SHIT COWARD team that won't win a comp thinks that way 

• Fair points Kenny, however, given the various possible outcomes on the ladder depending on results,  and what we have seen this round so far, it is certainly odd in my view  

• You hit the map nail on the head Kenny, if they wanted to lose they would have rested everyone like Canberra. 

• I'm ecstatic they got pumped too but the cynic in me reckons that they definitely wanted to drop this game. The win would've been meaningless - they couldn't drop out of the 4 and they couldnt climb to 2nd. 

They like their chances better against the Panthers next week. Great teams don't lose like that putting in zero effort, I'm sorry, and they are a GREAT TEAM - as much as I hate to admit it, they are.
      Watch next week when they pump the Panthers - it will all make sense. 

• We play the storm get beat ,play Souths ,get prepared parra supporters we're in for a hard challenge but as we all know rugby league is a funny game especially with the bunker,all about not awarding tries instead off appreciating the wonderful work that led up to a fifty fifty call 

• Thing is, this changes absolutely nothing for us, we’ve still got to win the last game of the season 

• I just think we have to play well for us.  No score board watching , do the 1% right.  Come off knowing that it is a new comp and we can and deserve to be there.   Hate the thought of playing STORM but I would rather be playing them then coming 15th and preparing for next year.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Frank Nelson replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"Agree"
10 minutes ago
shane replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"If true those responsible for recruitment should be sacked immediately"
15 minutes ago
Frank Nelson replied to Offside's discussion Hayze Perham
"After the Penrith game I thought that our first grade 2-5 were equally as useless. The Penrith outside backs were all over us. My thoughts after the game were we need a top notch 2,3,4,5. We do not have that at the moment"
17 minutes ago
Trent replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 3 Team List v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
"When ea is blazing  he goes like thus"
18 minutes ago
More…