Do We Need Our General Back

Watching today's game, I can't help but think we need our Little General back as soon as possible. Last week Gutho stepped up and really played as an attacking halfback and we beat the Cowboys easy. This week Gutho had his hands full with fullback duties, and our game management suffered a lot. I agree Dylan and Field had good defensive games, but being able to game manage and last tackle options they are sadly well behind Moses. The end of sets was terrible for a large part, and our building of pressure when in the red zone was minimal, it just wasn't up to standard for a competition leading team. Of course people will think we won the game then we played well and they will get better but for now I think we need Moses back, what are people's thoughts.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BA said that Moses will probably be right for next week but they may hold him back until the Titans game.

• I think we might see Moses back for the Manly game, might not play the whole 80 min though, wouldnt surprise to see Field as a bench player to give him more minutes and experience for later in the year as well.

• Look Waqa will probably cop a 2 week suspension for his hit on Ponga. 
    Moses to half , Gutho to centre and Field to fullback. 

• I can't see BA shitting Gutho. Resting Gutho would happen first! Taka to Centre. The old adage of not weakening another position to cover an injury/suspension?

• Prof, gee! what are you saying re BA & Gutho, is he going to cork his butte, just in case?

• Nope no way!  Gutho is the fullback fullstop unless injured. He is too valuable and too good to the team from the back.

• This reply was deleted.
        • Interesting Mick but I don't think I would do it as a coach, unless there were injuries. Gutho is the ultimate professional and his behind the scenes directing, talking, encouraging, demanding more, pumping his team up. He really is the heart beat to our team. People don't realise how much he does and contributes off the ball, not to mention how he holds all the players accountable and his team mates respect him immensely. 
          We don't just lose a fullback if you were to rest him, you lose the teams heart beat, but that's only my opinion.

• If waqa Blake is out Tagarangi will slip in to right centre,better defender than Blake .,Gutherson won’t move from fullback,that would be suiside .

• Gutho is fullback and is the heart and soul of this team. He wont be moved.   Waqa out - Taka in.  Junior out - Alvaro in,  We are getting skinny on bench now.   Like most other sides injuries are taking their toll. 

• Well Waqa didn't get charged by the review committee so I assume he is right to take his place next week.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Prof. Daz’s discussion was featured
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
20 minutes ago
Jake replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Could it be Maika to make way for Lomax.
Round 4 deadline. Maika suspended until round 4. Hmmm"
23 minutes ago
Prof. Daz posted a discussion
Sigmund Freud once said that “one day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful”. With the Eels on-field general and kicking maestro, Mitchell Moses, out for up to 8 weeks with a fractured foot, the Eels will need…
29 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"Well Lomax will be a lot more expensive, Carty would have been on minimum for most of the time and probably only 350/400 now. Carty is not that marketable unless he sell himself attached to the coach LOL"
1 hour ago
More…