Parramatta fans know that the team have a weak underbelly, and now they must overcome the shortest allowable turn around in the NRL  (5 days), and beat the underperfoming last place Panthers, or face the reality of another season sliding by.

1  Who should be dropped ?

2. Can the Eels toughen up and get the win ?

For mine Alvaro must be dropped as well as Takairangi. These two have been the worst performing players in the NRL and would not make any other team's starting side.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, the Eels will win their next two games,  both of which are at Bankwest Stadium 

• We will win, only because something stinks at the Panthers.

G Jennings has to be dropped and marked never to play again

Alvaro, plodder, such a poor defender, should be dropped for anyone, even snake shoulders Evans.

• I agree G jennings had a bad game, but he was judged the winger of the year last year. Alvaro is out of form, but he makes more tackles than any other forward and probably runs out of steam.  You are too judgemental.  Evans is a big body and has an offload. and is contracted for 2020

• This reply was deleted.
        • He scored the most tries and as a result was chosen by Parramatta as the best in his position

• Keify singing the praises of Evans, that will do me lol, you been checked for blood clots around the frontal lobe lately Keith?

• Chief how bout combining the two blogs into one????

As for who to drop, with Sivo back from suspension that takes Gennings out, if MJ is back from Injury, maybe Taka is dropped.

While Smith may not have done a lot wrong would have him on the bench as utiltiy and bring French in at 6, has played there a few times at Wenty this year and scored 9 tries, no one else in the eels top side has that many tries. He adds speed, some alternate kicking abilities to the side as well

As for who to drop from the forwards/bench the biggest problem is who to bring in as replacements. Alvaro, Tepei are two that need to be given some time at Wenty. Perhaps Gower in for Tepei, who to replace Alvaro with is another question again, as with who, the only one of size is Evans and likely he would be a backward step. If Stone is back from injury then he goes to the bench and likely Kafusi or Mannah to start with Jnr (who also needs a kick up the rear to get him moving as well) Only other option somehow is with Davey from Wenty,

Would prefer Mannah off the bench though.

• Mick, only problem is Parry is unavailable until june 30, Nathan Brown Round 14.

• Mick, he cane from the bunnies listed as a prop, but i'm not sure he has the build for that position that is needed. The way the game is played these days the lock is almost the same in the game play as prop with them being redefined middle and edge players. I would like to see Brown used a bit more on the edge and get his ball skills back, as high priorities.

We have noticed how opposing teams have been able to nullify Ma'u with the defence tactics and I think a similar thing has happened with Brown, rahter than just running straight and hard (we have front rowers doing that and not much else atm) I would like to see some change in angle running from the back three that provides variation in the play, same with the halves.

• I agree, Brown is too light for the front row. Many frontrowers run straight and hard which is o.k. providing they make a dent in the opposition but they should also have an offload to go with it. The dummy halves should try to put the forwards through the holes.

• Whenever Im feeling down I think of the good old days ..  Bureta Faraimo, Ryan Morgan, Pauli Pauli and Vai Toutai .. now they were players! 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

CarloEEL2 replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"I'll wait for 12 mins 
the first episode was a bit meh 
hes grey im
hoping it improves fishy 
 "
20 seconds ago
Bup replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Let Sanders kick"
37 seconds ago
Big D replied to Frankie Fong's discussion TIME TO STOP MUCKING AROUND AND WAKE UP
"Very good commentary around this from Gould on 100% footy."
1 minute ago
macybrown replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Sea Eagles vs Eels
"Good onya junior! glad they play like we do vs one man down

"
1 minute ago
More…