Bye bye Brad Arthur

That has to be the nail in the coffin. Once again the team just shows up for 40 minutes or less. It's not good enough with the players and money we are paying. 

Mal Meniga as interim coach the rest of the year and Bennett after that. To be honest the year is gone, I don't care who takes over this year. 

Take half the team with you ba, before people say anything about blaming Sivo, we were done already. He has to go but we lost that game first 20 minutes. 

Wooden spoon here we come. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He showed way more ability in that first half than Jake Arthur displayed in 20 games with us. 

• X a billion trillion much more of a natural footballer 

is a real shame 😞

• He was excellent. The problem was he had Lane beside him in defence who did fuck all to protect him all game. Just stood there in some defensive efforts

• Yeah i agree, he looked great. I wasn't keen on him playing but he looked really good.

• In all due respect Cranky Brad, Meninga is not the answer he's not smart for me. 
    If / when BA does go the Head of Football goes too and a clean out retention / junior development and the lot. 
    We as a club have made too many errors in relation to contracts / retention / junior development and coaching. 
    You start from the development side with some smart people there and either invest in a coach like Bellamy / Bennett with a planned assistant like a Holbrook. 
    But will the board do this? I have NFI

Two seasons with an infilled roster too and now a young half going...

• A few years ago there wasn't many coaching options but there's a few out there now. As a starter - Brian Smith to Head of Football.

Potential coaching options in no order:

Jason Taylor

Justin Holbrook 

Josh Hannay

Bennett

John Cartwright

• You say Meninga for the rest of the year but was does that accomplish? If you are going with an interim you season is over anyway so what is the point bringing Mal in? Doesn't do anything for you moving forward. Better off just using Barrett in that role as he knows the team anyway.

Not sure how we lost it in the first 20mins when we led 14-6 at HT but ok. Like i was critical the past week but i disagree there. 2nd half we capitulated a bit again. I am still on the move on BA bandwagon but at least most did try tonight. Seems focus is still a major issue.

• Genuine question, who is in charge of the recruitment and retention? Does BA get a say in who we recruit or does he have to try and do the best with what he's given?

• According to numerous reports, Brad is on the R&R committee and being the head coach, he has a persuasive and loud voice. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bup replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"He was the only choice.
BA has lost his head.
 "
2 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"Agree with Simo at fullback. He played a few games in the one for Raiders."
5 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"Once again BA choosing wants he WANTS to work - mb sometime later in time .....
sometimes I really think he is neurodivergent the way he goes about things 🤔and I say this as a mum of autistic boy and someone who teaches neurodivergent chn daily 
his…"
5 minutes ago
Poppa replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 10 Team List v Brisbane Broncos
"Simmonson should have been selected as fullback. Tulagi is not ready for first grade. I cannot understand why BA has left himself so exposed."
12 minutes ago
More…