Bye bye Brad Arthur

That has to be the nail in the coffin. Once again the team just shows up for 40 minutes or less. It's not good enough with the players and money we are paying. 

Mal Meniga as interim coach the rest of the year and Bennett after that. To be honest the year is gone, I don't care who takes over this year. 

Take half the team with you ba, before people say anything about blaming Sivo, we were done already. He has to go but we lost that game first 20 minutes. 

Wooden spoon here we come. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The ref was woeful.

8 straight penalties  with 2 set restarts throw in  plus a couple of soft sin bins, they're sportsmen not supermen

They did well to wrestle momentum back from Manly but every time they did the ref stepped in.

Apart from a couple of soft missed tackles and dumb plays it was nowhere near as bad a performance as the score looked. I see good thing when they get it together 

• The good team's take the refs out of the game by putting points on the board. Just like the cowboys game people are saying we performed so much better. 

Manly weren't that good the first half. Wasn't a top 8 game of football from either team but everyone is happy with mediocre. We will get flogged by roosters, Storm, panthers and so on. 

Manly decided to play footy and scored 3 tries to take the lead, ran away with it after that. Not sure how you people are happy with this performance. 

• Stop talking like you're the only one with eyes. We all saw what happened. We all want BA replaced. But Meninga? lol. The bloke is hot garbage. 

• To be honest Muttman I don't care who replaces him. That was just a thought short term, so the rest of this year and only deal with the team. He would have nothing to do with recruiting or anything like that, just simply play as a interim coach which in that I thought I explained. Who else available straight away?Who is still better than ba. Long term Bennett or Slater would be my picks. 

• Don't underestimate Manly, they're going well. They weren't at their best in the first half because we didn't allow them to. We had a bit of line speed happening, we were up in their faces and it bothered them.

By the time finals roll around the Eels will be one of the top reams

• Yes manly have been playing good footy but didn't tonight till the second half. 

• Alshaw I hope you are right about us making the finals. Moses must have some powers, I'll bet we don't. 

• You either laugh & shake your head or like the blind faith of some supporters. I flip between the two when I read faith statements like AlShaw made. 

• I respect your faith my young unicorn.

• In 22 I made a statement that we were the second best team and would make the top 4 and the GF and that seemed like blind faith yet it happened. Last year I wrote off our season before we even played a game just like I did in 2018 so I'm not one to blindly expect my team to do well every year 

We'll have a very good team once they click but be glad finals aren't played in April 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Darren Munro replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"Allegedly the media are reporting that the board are giving ba time to turn around the ship.  Once we can't make the finals or we keep sinking ba will be punted. I would say that would be his kpi in there somewhere. "
1 minute ago
Frank The Tank replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Broncos call up QLD cup 7.
"Look I think this will be a lot closer than most think. Hyde might appear this week.
I feel the players who are behind BA want to keep the jig going so they will definitely be putting in for him. 
I'm so over this coach right now that honestly I…"
12 minutes ago
don robinson replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Salary cap is going to work itself out. How much do you want to spend while you are waiting for high priced players to reach their perceived potential. There is the opportunity for the club to not meet the offer of other clubs in the near future. I…"
34 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"I said there were another whatever amount you say I said Lomax's coming through the illawarras system. You can't even get a basic quote correct.  It was on the end of me saying the Illawarra has never had a shortage of outside backs . Maybe go…"
38 minutes ago
More…