Injuries and age - who makes the cut?

We all know the roster is aging and lack of young talent coming through is a problem. Adding in the unbalanced salary cap sees us in the current situation we're in. 

Question is - given the age and injury toll, does anyone see any players being let go/medically retired in the near future?

Given Gutho's ongoing knee issues, I wouldn't be too shocked if something like this was announced. But much like what the Rorters are doing, it potentially frees up cap space to chance new players - although that doesn't fix the issues of players actually wanting to play for Parra.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Fancy you talking about looking past your biases, you would be the most biased over exaggerated excuse I have ever come across on this site Wiz. Doesn't mean your a dumbass, you read and understand the game well, getting past your biasses is not one of your strong points as a human being, The overpayment and option structure that has paid Moses and Brown is anything but. Both players are arguably cheap and god knows where we would be without them, As to the options, I am not sure if you appreciate how ineffective they are. They can be broken by both parties with a swivel of the hips and at the end of the day cost us nothing. The dopey managers that fall for them is equally amazing.

I actually wonder sometimes do you ever look objectively and subjectively or are you still lost on your 20 better players than Lomax down the South Coast. 

• I said there were another whatever amount you say I said Lomax's coming through the illawarras system. You can't even get a basic quote correct.  It was on the end of me saying the Illawarra has never had a shortage of outside backs . Maybe go through the history books and see how many international and Origin centres have been bred down here ya fuckstick. 

• Gutho has been our most consistent player for ages and is the heart and soul of the side. He's almost the opposite of a Hayne. He's a 7.5 or 8 player out of ten who gives you that every single week. Hayne could be a 10 but could also turn in regular 6's. 

If Gutho is now permanently busted it's only literally right now, he was still probably our best player last year. He's not the part of any problem. In fact if they can clean out the knee and get him back to even 90% I'd personally still be picking him at fullback next year 

• Salary cap is going to work itself out. How much do you want to spend while you are waiting for high priced players to reach their perceived potential. There is the opportunity for the club to not meet the offer of other clubs in the near future. I am certainly sick and tired of waiting.

The part timers should be identified for their poor efforts and not for the odd couple of good games. Potential means nothing.

Its up to the players to physic themselves up for the games, not the coach.

I am sure the trainers and the coach are teaching the players the skill set of what is needed.

At Newcastle Wayne Bennet said openly that the players were not doing what they were training for on game day. And simply put, that is what is happening.

Blame the coach all you want all you arn chair experts. Perfection does not take a day off. All players know what they sign up for but there are so many that will never acheive that pinnicle of acheivemant through being unskilled or not being fit.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Inside Info replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"Soooo many errors. harry Grant tryin so hard to milk penalties"
24 seconds ago
Mark Laurie's butler replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"Dropped before contact"
27 seconds ago
Nitram replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"Lane is alreadys the reason we lose"
44 seconds ago
TolEllts replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Storm vs Eels
"Lane samepass, same effin error, couldn't catch that ball."
51 seconds ago
More…