Bye bye Brad Arthur

That has to be the nail in the coffin. Once again the team just shows up for 40 minutes or less. It's not good enough with the players and money we are paying. 

Mal Meniga as interim coach the rest of the year and Bennett after that. To be honest the year is gone, I don't care who takes over this year. 

Take half the team with you ba, before people say anything about blaming Sivo, we were done already. He has to go but we lost that game first 20 minutes. 

Wooden spoon here we come. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Exactly, you need a good team of management to drive the team. Something ba has never been apart of. I've stuck up for BA every year until now. Had his back 100%. But with the team we have, should be playing way better. Even without our general at half back. 

No back up half back, no backs and letting forwards go into old age and unable to play the game is my biggest issues. 

• Don't have Origin coaching and NRL coaching in same realm in terms of success. Two completely different arenas of coaching.

• You just proved you have a pea for a brain, Mal Meninga, are you serious?, I would rather sign BA for another 10yrs than have that clown anywhere near our club. The Titans have been trying to get rid of him for the last 18mths.

• Have you had a look at his coaching record? I'm looking at this season only. After that we get someone full-time. Still better than ba you dope. 

• Have you looked at his premiership coaching record, don't take any notice of his rep record, every man and his dog knows that it was and is his assistants that do all the work. Like I said, the Titans have been trying to get rid of him for 18mths, pea brain.

• I'm talking about filling in for the rest of the year. Being a origin and international coach, he might be able to kick him in to gear. If he didn't, to me the year is dead buried anyways. It's either him, Barrett or ba continues. 

Holbrook was the coach and Mal dealt with player management. Titans over the last few years had nothing to do with him. He always has stated he isn't a long term or season coach. Interim coach for the rest of the year might be able to do something, still better than ba to me dip shit. 

• Meninga has live his life off his playing career, he is the same as Gus Gould at the moment where he can do everything wrong and nobody says anything in fear. Meninga is a protected species. Origin record looks good when you realise you had Smith, Slater, Cronk and Thurston in your spine. Most of the time you saw Smith or Hagan talking to them and Mal was in the corner sitting in the sheds.

His Canberra record slipped as soon as he lost Daley, Clyde, Stuart, Mullins etc.

• It's people (I'm being polite) like you who make it embarrassing to be an eels supporter. Your rhetoric is absolutely rubbish, it astounds me, and highlights the fact you don't know what the fck you're talking about! 
        Meninga has been cancer at every club he's been involved with, the obvious exception of QLD, where others have quite rightly pointed out was with once in a lifetime generation of players!!

• As I've explained quid a million times, there is fuck all options available for interim coach. He can't bring cancer into a club when he is just coming into coach the team. Nothing to do with recruitment or long term effects on the club. Plus I just just brought him up as a option, I personally hate the bloke. Obviously shows you got no idea if you don't want a origin and international coach to come in for the rest of the year until we get who we want. 

Go back to coaching under 6's, keep BA for the year and watch this club sadly go backwards over the next few years massively. Maybe learn what the fuck you are on about before commenting. 

Mal has aspects of bringing someone like Slater to become our full-time coach. Jt Assistant and so much more. Believe the dribble you hear but Titans, they were a busket case before Mal, blocked so many calls on Mal as well. Titans would have no one if it wasn't for Mal. 

• Instead of being a complete flog and showing you know fuck all yourself. How about suggestions or something like that. Instead of just being dropkick and wanting the same thing year after year. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Great write up once again HOE.

R10: Broncos at Commbank
R11: Storm at Suncorp
R12: Rabbits at Accor
R13: Sharks at Commbank
R14: Dogs at Accor
R15: Roosters at Commbank

I honestly can't see where a win will come in the next 6 weeks.
I see us…"
3 hours ago
Bob Smith replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Crikey, we're stuffed. Defence worse than the spoon years. That hurts. F u BA. "
5 hours ago
Frank The Tank replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"That's my concern too.
A few wins and suddenly all is well according to the board and then they extend BA for a few more years.
Rinse repeat and the problem will continue with no end in sight."
5 hours ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Age of players seems to be a factor in a lot of discussion. Bennett is a smart guy by having the foresight and understanding with engaging someone like Dr Jauncey to be part of his coaching team.. An ageing Coach like Bennett may or may not be part…"
6 hours ago
More…