Bye bye Brad Arthur

That has to be the nail in the coffin. Once again the team just shows up for 40 minutes or less. It's not good enough with the players and money we are paying. 

Mal Meniga as interim coach the rest of the year and Bennett after that. To be honest the year is gone, I don't care who takes over this year. 

Take half the team with you ba, before people say anything about blaming Sivo, we were done already. He has to go but we lost that game first 20 minutes. 

Wooden spoon here we come. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Guarantee they will not sack BA before the end of the season.

• I know, I'm done though with the club until than. 

• I see that approach as well, probably extend him if anything. Also the whole retirement comment is half the forwards should retire. Hopefully get traded while they still have value but won't be. 

•  Mal can't coach for shit.

If you going to aim that low you may as well keep BA or hand the reins over to Barrett or Cayless.

• I would rather Barrett coach over ba. Long as he got rid of the dead wood. Long as we had players contributing 100%, I don't care if we lose. How do we just let teams run a muck the second half or first half. We are a part-time footy club or one half footy team. 

• I agree with you but facts are, Barrett would only be an interim coach and would have no say in who stays or goes.

The facts are, we were never going to be in the finals this year. That was plain to see even before a ball was kicked.

We have an average roster and a below average coach.

Before the season started, I predicted we would finish 12th-14th. I'm starting to think I was being a little to generous. 

• We don't have a average roster, we have actually the best forward pack in the comp. We have a solid team, the problem is they have been chasing the collision for too long. 

Ray Stone signed with dolphins just to extend his career long term. He decided and worked out he would get so many more injuries under ba. Same with hopegood, hopefully he realizes playing that stupid role kills his career like what happened to Brown. 

Before the start of the season we had the best forward pack and 3rd ranked spine. 

Barrett won't have to worry about who is and out next year, just this year at Max if we are desperate to fill interim role. 

• Have to disagree. 

We don't have the best forward pack in the comp.

Wouldn't even say top 3 or 4.

• Mal has been pretty successful with qld and aus. He isn't a regular full time coach. Fill in, but will do better. 

• He was always a good man manager but it was his group of assistant coaches who were the real brains.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Great write up once again HOE.

R10: Broncos at Commbank
R11: Storm at Suncorp
R12: Rabbits at Accor
R13: Sharks at Commbank
R14: Dogs at Accor
R15: Roosters at Commbank

I honestly can't see where a win will come in the next 6 weeks.
I see us…"
48 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Crikey, we're stuffed. Defence worse than the spoon years. That hurts. F u BA. "
2 hours ago
Frank The Tank replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"That's my concern too.
A few wins and suddenly all is well according to the board and then they extend BA for a few more years.
Rinse repeat and the problem will continue with no end in sight."
2 hours ago
Tad replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Age of players seems to be a factor in a lot of discussion. Bennett is a smart guy by having the foresight and understanding with engaging someone like Dr Jauncey to be part of his coaching team.. An ageing Coach like Bennett may or may not be part…"
3 hours ago
More…