Bye bye Brad Arthur

That has to be the nail in the coffin. Once again the team just shows up for 40 minutes or less. It's not good enough with the players and money we are paying. 

Mal Meniga as interim coach the rest of the year and Bennett after that. To be honest the year is gone, I don't care who takes over this year. 

Take half the team with you ba, before people say anything about blaming Sivo, we were done already. He has to go but we lost that game first 20 minutes. 

Wooden spoon here we come. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nathan Cayless is an option. 

• Cayless isn't even an option for the team he is "coaching"

• So you would have cayless over Mal? Muttman I thought you had a bit of sense. 

• Muttman is a sensible contributer. You asked a question, he gave you an answer. Caylo is but one option. 

Wayne Bennett is the better option but we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. 

• Bourbon man, like yourself I'm a old timer on the site. I know who contributes and not, most of the time I don't because I just get livid with the club at times. I have my outbursts and than just sit back. 

I simply asked Muttman a question, I'm curious why he would go cayless. In more avenues than one, Barrett would be ahead of Cayless, neither have done anything to show worthy. Either has Mal in the premiership season. 

• But that's all we have available and Mal at least has experience. Also might bring in additional avenues. 

• Fair enough mate. 

We're all looking for answers. 

• Clearly I was being sarcastic. 
          If I was CEO I sack BA  this week and just leave Barrett as interim for 2024 as we begin the search for a new Coach. But in the background I'm on the phone to Bennett and pay him whatever he wants. It's Bennett or bust for me. 

• I have supported BA right up until very early this year. Our inability to make the finals last year and our poor start this year changed my mind. I was always hopeful that he would be able to go that next level and become an elite coach and have the Eels playing "consistent" good footy. Unfortunately that hasn't happend and if he hasn't been able to do that after 11 years, then he is unlikely to ever be able to.

This isn't a knock on him, elite is elite for a reason, but he just dosen't have the ability to do that. It doesn't mean he can't coach, what he has done for the Eels considering where they were when he arrived should be commended but he has taken our club as far as he can and it is time to move on for the sake of all involved. He can still have a coaching career but it just won't be with the Eels moving forward. 

Its time for the board to make the tough decision and move quickly on Bennett or Belamy (If that is even possible). If they sit on their hands and wait and see, the Eels will be waiting to see a premiership even longer. 

If I have been able to accept it (as previously mentioned, I have supported BA right up until recently), then the board needs to as well. The Eels have struggled mentally which effected our defensive ability and even our attacking ability but most definitely our ability to handle pressure. That is the thing that he just hasn't been able to conqour and after 30+ years of premiership drought, we just can't wait any longer for him to maybe get it.

Thanks for everything you have done for the club BA (and I sincerly mean that) but it is time. 

• Mathew Clarke agree solely with you. BA has done a amazing job to bring the club back, but we are sinking at a great speed of knots. Got a tired old forward pack, injured long term backs, who should be getting rested whether they like it or not. Recruitment has gone to crap and Lomax is the only good signing since hopegood. 

We are in deeper trouble long term unless something isn't solved soon. BA has lost the dressing room, no way should we ever put on any performance like we did last night, the week before or previous weeks. Even winning we looked clunky and sloogish. Broncos will flog us, I'm not watching it. 

Have a couple of key forwards, young ones to follow through and learn on the experienced guys. Spending money in your spine and backs. Like we have a reserve grade hooker playing first grade full-time and hands back up. If Moses calls all these shots and plays, no wonder why we get picked off on the big games. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Trouble is Hugo you either didn't read it or understand it....it was pointed out that Dolphins actually have an older pack than we do...notwithstanding individuals within it. Most of your critique is for the sake of being critical, you never offer a…"
37 minutes ago
Poppa replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"That was actually a pretty incisive commentary Carls, not sure what they do after a win, but you could argue "win again" but that decision lies on the field which leaves us with the cattle and the coach! Interesting to see without Moses and now Guth…"
44 minutes ago
Mannah-Brow replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Houston In Hindsight: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
"Funny thoug Bennet has a much older pack no recognised half and still his team performs better than ours and his was only thrown together last year. What idiot would not want him here?
sorry meant to start with Thanks HOEfor another great insight."
59 minutes ago
"Great Blog Phil, the reality is not in the stats just the same, when you are not good enough and the stats confirm that, there is nothing to do but change.Motivation is not the driver in this case IMO. The stats actually indicate they are trying,…"
1 hour ago
More…