This article was prior to last night's game. But it is mentioned how the draw can spell badly for us. But said how our tactics are outdated and the roster is built for it but it doesn't work in modern day NRL. I love how he says next 6 weeks could make them move early, well surprise surprise this loss was so bad that could do it.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/19/no-more-evolution-why-parras-clash-with-the-dolphins-in-darwin-might-be-a-tipping-point-for-brad-arthur/

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unfortunately nothing I have seen from the administration of this club gives me any confidence that they will pivot off BA to Bennett.  The most annoying part of this is we need to make the most of the next two to 3 years because we are headed for a world of hurt in the not too distant future.  We have almost no quality juniors coming through ready to be quality first graders. Our reserve grade side is littered with poor quality rejects discarded by other clubs. Our junior system has been neglected over the past 10 years, how much of that falls on BA I'm not sure but he has to take some responsibility. 

Can anyone name me just 1 outside back in our system that is likely to be a good first grader in 2-3 years, the same for an edge forward and a front rower. 

We need change and we need it today, not next season or the one after,  today!.

• I agree HKF. Cause going into 2025, you need to sack him or extend him. It is not good to have a coach off contract going into a year, especially with so many players off-contract. They would want to know who the coach will be before signing. Issue is i fear when Moses comes back we get onto a little bit of a roll and just miss the 8 by 2 wins or so and then BA will be saved as he got us going but it will be rinse and repeat again. If we wait too long Bennett will just go to Souths and no other stand out choices will be around.

• EA seems to be at the forefront of the juniors and pathways on here.

It definitely feels like the end of the road I mean how many tiimes can a coach call his roster soft.Our roster has been built in the coaches vision and how he wants to play.He hasn't fixed weaknesses and made roster moves especially around the back 5 which are crucial in how he wants to play.

Theres no respite coming either they've got a tough draw and Moses is still at least a month a way.

• HFK I wil list you the juniors coming through however none of them will be ready this year. They will need 2025-2026 to be ready.

- Halfback: Ethan Sanders but he is leaving. As any halfback, they need time.

Fullback/centre:  Blaize Talagi but he needs an off-season in the gym to build into his frame and get a bit quicker. I am still confident he will be star espicially under a different coach.

- Centre/Wing: Richie Penisni. I recon he would have started the year in flegg, but after a couple games would be in cup and judging by our performances right now, would be used over Harper. Richie is like Talagi where they are both still eligible for SG ball, but a key difference is that Richie has more build into his frame than Talagi. He honestly just a slightly taller version than his brother. I think his future at the club is on the wing (despite being a centre) with Lomax and Will the centres. He would have been more ready for FG than Talagi. The club really rate him as they are still making him travel for the social media aspect so want him to still be involved with the players despite his ACL injury. That being, because of the ACL, he will need 2025 just to play footy and than maybe late 2025 or start 2026 be ready for the NRL.

- Hooker: Matthew Arthur I would put him on a top 30 contract for next year and sign him up long term so he does not leave if BA is sacked. I honestly think he should get bench cameos soon. He has more creativity than Hands and Lussick combined.

- Prop: Saxon Pryke and Tuivita. Both are in flegg and played SG ball last year. Both should be playing NSW cup to get them ready for the NRL. Tuivita got a taste of cup last year whilst Pryke made his debut 2 weeks ago there. Tuivita can stil play SG ball this year and was in the under 19 origin blues team of the bench. He is a massive, high work rate prop than has foot work. He has a top 30 deal already for next year. We need to fast tracking that development into cup this year. Pryke is a hard running and hard working prop. He tackles everything and runs with plenty of aggression. A mixture of Moretti and Cotter IMO. SG ball have a couple of gun props in Sebastian Pikaula and Javana Steven Hala.

- Backrow: Guymer. SG ball captain and great game in NSW under 19 game. Club rate him highly as he has been starting games in cup this year. workhorse backrower that draws comparisons to Jurbo and Liam Martin. Not X-factor. Just runs good lines, works hard for everyone and great leadership qualities. SG ball also have two guns backrowers in Jezizah Finu Latu (ex australian school boy. workhorse backrower), Lokeni (union background who runs great lines and tackle breaking), Elijiah Shane Tapau.

- Wing: Alamdine. SG ball last year and this year and now promoted to Flegg. Our best winger/cenre from our junior teams this year. Great tackle break ability and line breaks from nothing. Looks like Simmo and reminds me of Simmo too. Our 1-5 in Sg ball and Flegg and Cup have been shit so just because I say he has been the best,I am not confident to say he is NRL material. 

We have a gun fullback, winger, halves, props, hooker and backrower coming throug Matts but I do not want to comment much on people who are so young and far away from NRL. 

• Thanks for that EA, it seems like a few coming through but history shows some of those either won't work out or will take an opportunity elsewhere. 

• Bellamy has been at storm longer, yet team if beat, never embarrasingly... even with a weaker roster at times, still show up. Why, the systems in place.

• Good article.

• I called out a few weeks ago but I sense a faction in the playing group

• Of course sacking BA would be a very expensive exercise.

You have the payout for Brad which would exceed 1 million. 

If Bennett came in he could basically name his price but I would say he would be close to 2 million a year. 

He also brings all.his assistant coaches and performance staff so Murphy, Anotonolli  and Barrett are gone, plus all the performance staff and also Cayless . I don't know if they have contracts but they may do and if so, they have to be paid out. 

Bennett will also demand his staff get top dollar. 

I reckon any change over would be around 3 million plus ..I don't think the bean counters at the Eels have the stomach for that.

• Start at the top and take out the board and then every coach we have.

Its really pathetic and I've followed this club for 46 YEARS.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel) replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Look I doubt it! Word usually gets out somehow. I just dont think Bennett would want to coach us. He has a good job waiting. Why take the risk in his last job on us? I hope your right but nothing suggests we are even interested and the board will…"
49 seconds ago
Longfin Eel replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"Do you know for sure we are not meeting with Bennett? We can't be privy to what's really going on behind closed doors, but experience tells us things generally are not as they first appear with Bennett. Also our board has never given anything away…"
3 minutes ago
SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel) replied to SuperEel 22's discussion Parramatta's Season Balances On A Razor's Edge
"P.S - The Roosters attack is on fire right now. They would put 50 on us. And we are still just chasing the collision. Do u honestly think Trent Robinson is just teaching his team to chase the collision? There attack is so far in front of ours its…"
5 minutes ago
"Why would Bennett wait for us? It seems unlikely we would make an offer, our management show no signs of really wanting to a make a champion team and Bennet knows what he gets at Souths. At the Eels he could be stepping into a mine field.  Good…"
9 minutes ago
More…