Brad Arthur press conference

Another embarassing defeat.

I thought Brad Arthur's comments in the after match press conference revealed a lot about what is going on at the Eels.
Firstly he was clearly frustrated and there were indications that he was "Out of answers"

The following comment was particularly telling. Arthur was talking about the players making "soft choices,"
to which he then added "The players have to fix it. We can only talk about it so many times. 
The players have to fix it don't they."

The comment clearly suggests that Arthur was not just referring to the players attitude in this particular match, it indicates
that he has noticed this "attitude" over a significant period of time.

The comment also indicates that he has spoken to the players about this a number of times. The frustation in Arthur's  voice indicates that whatever way he has attempted
to address this has not worked. It has not made a consistent impact among the greater part of the playing group. This seems to indicate that there are
some players who aren't happy with the way Arthur has gone about this.  

The sub text of what Arthur is saying is that there are a number of disgruntled players among the playing group.
A few disgruntled players can affect the whole team dynamic as everyone knows.

The best "man manager" coaches know how to address this.

It would seem, based on these comments that Arthur cannot be placed in that
category.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not disagreeing that Arthur's time may be spent. But who the fuck signed such old tired players to such big contracts. 

And we still have them for another season at least.we are stuck with this squad with their  massive contracts with too many years on them. 

• Arthur would of wanted that, you are spot on wiz. Especially forwards, after 28 they should be 2 years max. See how they traveling, slowing down and so on. Moses is signed until he is 33 I think, I might be wrong. Even that's dangerous with his small frame and injuries. You could see this coming, be a retirement home again by the time the forwards come off contract. 

That's why I believe we should get rid of Paulo, Lane and matto. Why we can and there value is still there, replace them with young keen guys. They would get a lot of interest right now but their value is decreasing very quickly. Could pick up a few good trades. 

• Paulos on 950k or some shit and is a bench player because he's losing his effectiveness. One good game every 3 or 4 seems to be the status quo with our big money men. The NRL is leaving us behind because other teams are developing young fast superstars and our dads army can't keep up.  We can't even recruit properly as we've signed them all on 150k + overs . How many good young fullbacks are floating aroud at the moment and are playing second fiddle to even better fullbacks. And we are stuck with Clint " try's hard " Gutherson . Arthur's got a hard on for Blaise and he's not a pimple on some of these other young guns dicks. 

• Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could get to a mindset where you can evaluate your own performance at any level and say " Am I really worth that much compared to contribution s from my mates around me "

• That's happens every single day , Tad . It's called being a regular worker . We are evaluated almost daily .

My brother in laws a pro golfer , if he doesn't perform it very much reflects at the end of his season too. A good mate of mine was a world champion boxer , he played up which effected his boxing , lost a couple of fights and his career was gone quick smart  , from top to bottom and then gone. 

These NRL players have it very very comfortable when it comes to accountability for their performances . 

• Wizz how many talented people coming from poorer beginnings have destroyed their lives with living a life of excesses.Its all about where you put your priorities.Puttimg it in your craft or a false reality which can destroy the self. Self evaluation should have a balance between your self development through your identity and the type of rewards you want 

• I dated a cousin of blaizes, seen him play a lot of footy before nsw cup. The kid can play, if he doesn't get fucked around by ba he will be a good future player. 

You are spot on, keep rewarding mediocre and they will get lazier and lazier. Half the forwards should of been moved on a few years ago. Back's should of been targeted. 

• " I dated a cousin of blaizes," 

What was his name ? Can he play footy too ? 

• Hahaha fucker, she can play footy pretty well. The physio for the knights and she has no extra baggage down there wiz. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"Can't believe how many dumb fools are here, NO player has a get out clause if BA is sacked or leaves, I can guarantee that 100%."
3 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Get out clauses attached to BA
"I can see it now, Bennett signs 24 players to replace the ones who had clauses in their contracts, headed by the Bromych bros, Kaufusi and an elite halves combo in Nikorima and Milford."
8 minutes ago
"Typical flog, your name says it all..Anal is."
14 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Zac Lomax
"He was actually told BA would be extended at the end of the season, for '26 and '27."
18 minutes ago
More…