Typical talk from players, and Hindmarsh even came out and said they are not far off. Though what i will say is Matto says it is mental thing they are having issues with. Right, i see, sounds familiar. Oh yeah, every year is a mental thing. Also, isn't it the coaches job to get the team up and ready to play week in week out? Mentality is a focal point of preparation, if it is mental i feel a portion of that blame is on BA. Now of course Matto is not coming out to say "We hate the bald fuckwit". He also said the difference between them and Souths is we are turning up and can win those games. We are playing tough. You know what? Matto is right, they are turning up and playing tough footy, Darwin and Canberra are prime examples of tha........oh

https://www.espn.com.au/nrl/story/_/id/40099279/nrl-brad-arthur-enters-defining-month-pressure-eels

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not far off playing like an actual team?

Not far off playing for longer than 30 minutes a game?

Not far off playing that bad that BA gets the ass?

Not far off the bottom of the table?

• So, has Bennett officially signed with the Rabbits?

If we don't have him or Bellamy coaching us next year I'm out...

Fark the club and 38 years of failure.

• Guess what Grunta!

We don't have Bennett or Bellamy coaching us next year.

The club had their opportunity to sign Bennett as soon as it became obvious he was looking for a job for 2025 and was prepared to come back to Sydney. They didn't and Souths poinced as we knew they would.

As for Bellamy - that ain't ever happening!

• Yep...just as I suspected.

To top it off we'll no doubt sign Demetriou or Ryles!

So Parra...

• I don't think I've ever seen WB this clear cut to the media about where he is going next. But we'll know by next weekend. With Magic Round, every team is at Suncorp so they can meet face to face.

James Hooper is adamant the deal is already done verbally between Wayne and Russell Crowe. If he ends up elsewhere, it will be the biggest slap in the face to Souths, and the journo's as well.

I don't think he is coming here because the board is that conservative, suspicion is they are worried about where the club will be after Bennett leaves. I think this is on the money.

If he does end up at Souths, lets watch with popcorn as he assembles another Dad's Army roster like he did at the Knights.

• Weirdly enough Hoops keeps saying its done deal verbally. But Bennett has now said he will meet with Souths at Magic Round so it seems no pen to paper until after Round 11. He is stalling to see if Parra opens up. I doubt it does but it seems he is still having one eye to the side for Parramatta.

• Think you are spot on LB.Tomorrow we play Bronco's, next weekend the Storm. Perfectly timed to coincide with his meeting. How the results fare for us may change the complexion of things.

And where did Hooper get his mail from? I doubt it was from Wayne. Remember St George thought they had him over the line and he went to the Bronco's instead. Nothing is ever straightforward with Wayne.

• Roosters had him too i believe before they got Robinson in, it got leaked out, he didn't like that and went to St. George Illawarra instead. I think Gold Coast was similar situation where he nearly went to them before Souths came calling.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Billy Bob replied to EA's discussion NSW Cup Player Review
"You can't expect MA to play 80. I'd have him on the bench with hands starting. Tualagi I like but Arthur refuses to give him decent minutes even with lane bring poor 
 "
2 seconds ago
BringBackSemi replied to LB's discussion Buzz on Parramatta and BA
"Can you blame him? Feel good stories don't get too many clicks. This is his job, and it's hardly a secret that Eel's are going shit and BA is under pressure.
If you make the decision BA is not here next year, then it has to be done sooner rather…"
4 minutes ago
Hugh and Oates replied to EA's discussion NSW Cup Player Review
"with the reggies winning 3 in a row, you would be picking players in form, whilst it is reggies, they would be coming into 1st grade with winning feeling.
If MA was to debut, he'd have to play in conjunction with Hands or sub on for Lussick.
Gee…"
5 minutes ago
SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel) replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"Possibly right but having an up an coming coach to replace him gave a good excuse to wheel out to the fans. "
6 minutes ago
More…