Bevan French

Watched the Wigan v Salford game and Bevan tore them to pieces scoring three tries. I know it's ESL but worth a comment. Looks like he has put on some pounds but maintained his pace. The reporter was asking if he would go back to Parra and let's just say he didn't answer their question. Anyway interesting to see what happens.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Age fixes those things

• DDay last stats I have come across is missed tackles 18 out of 14 games. Man of match 5 out of 16 games in UK. .18 clean breaks out of 18 games Posted them before.Maybe difficult to assess in a UK comp to an Aus comp. His stats are up there. with the best in UK comp currently over many criteria..You don,t judge a player on a poor season 3 or so seasons ago.Look at what he is doing now at age 24

• Not sure about this one

He left on bad terms last time and threw up some dreadful performances when his NRL career was on the line. I know people deserve second chances and all but do we really need to take back players that have this type of work ethic and attitude?

I guess if we can snare him on the cheap then it maybe worth the risk, but if we are paying overs for him to return then I say pass. Eg $400/$500k.

• Gutho 5/8. Fuck moses off, put French to fb, he will suit the new speed of the game 

• Not sure on this either.He was electric in his first year,maybe just down on confidence for a while then punted.he's wearing 6 but attacking from the back,playing fullback would solve his defensive issues plus Gutho hasn't the speed from kicks to make any impact.perhaps Gutho defends at centre then chimes in as he does now in attack ,many times this year he attacked from the centres to give the final pass or grubber.May complicate things but would give us that extra point of attack and would suit our style.I watched Bevan on Over the Black dot,he seemed happy over there however was keen to spend some time back home with family.He would have a point to prove and the NRL is the place to do that.Speed on the wings is great but what we lack is explosive speed through the middle,Moses has it but he rarely breaks through because the defense knows he's going to run it.Field was like a rabbit on the road running circles going nowhere.I say give him a crack,who knows maybe there was no bad blood between him and BA,it might have been go learn your craft and come back when you are ready.Now all we need is Hayne back and Timmy and maybe go to Churburg and offer Sandow a new Commodore to come play.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael W. replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"32-10 parra
MOM HOPGOOD."
6 minutes ago
Grunta the great replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"Yeah good advice!
I'm going with that..."
18 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"For once this is a pretty accurate article for a journo, if we can't beat a second  string Dolphins team handsomely they should all stay in bloody Darwin. No excuses."
24 minutes ago
shane replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"we should win this easy, if not we aren't a top 8 side though we do seem to strugle against teams we should beat easy.
Eels by 14
MOM RCG"
24 minutes ago
More…