Bennett for coach 2025

If this club is fair dinkum and he's available he has to be coach.  You can't overlook a coach of his calibre if you have a chance to get him while your coach is Brad Arthur .  It would be doing the club, members , sponsors everyone that's ever been involved with the club  a complete disservice.  It's saying you are happy with being a middle of the road side.

BAs power game grind doesn't work every week in the present day NRL. The good teams for a start have backs easing some load and creating a bit of momentum in the middle .. and team and not prepared to roll up the sleeves and play like that week to week.  Half of them look busted from the big efforts they had at the start of the season. 

Don't excuse him with the number of injuries the squad has .. Bennett put together this side last year and has more. He's shown it's not an excuse. Flanagan has reinvented the Dragons in an offseason with half the talent in his squad .. we need a coach who knows how to get it done in this competiton week to week and that isn't BA. 

Almost everything went BAs way in 2022 and he took us as far as he's ever going to. Hes now gone backwards to being a hot and cold inconsistent side and this is going to get worse not better . The systems have not evolved and are rapidly putting pressure on our squad to come up with huge efforts just to win enough games to make the 8. It is not working . Wayne's methods have stood the test of time . He recruits high quality assistants and knows what it takes to win . He knows how to win a completion. The choice is simple but I fully expect us to sit back and persist with BA until we're beyond rock bottom and inneed of a total rebuild . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have the players it's the style of game we are playing . Our forwards are getting flogged and can't back up their performances week to week. They will have a big effort in them and they can't do it again 6 days later. 

The attacking systems are non existent. We get by because we have a halfback with an elite kicking game and players in the spine who can play adlib footy off offloads. 
    our defensive systems break or come under stress all game, and there are players BA continually picks on first great that don't offer anything. 

He needs to go. We have struggled to adapt without Mitch despite having an international 6.. BA is cooked . If he comes to the press conference and again says for some reason our effort was off .... our forwards can't play the way they do  at a high standard week to week . It's not working for them.  If he didn't have Mitch Moses kicking game he would've been fired years ago. 

• Every coach has a use by date at a club where he can't get anymore out of a crop of players. The lemon has been squeezed
    The fact Arthur has been head coach for so long is of itself amazing and is usually reserved only for the most successful coaches. I’m taking multiple premierships

• Hopefully Bennet does want to come and hopefully the club isn't that stupid to keep ba going. Time to clean out, a long season ahead if they don't wake up. 

• I have never actually been this sure it can happen. We've had bad losses, 2021 had a string of 3-4 bad losses. But even then we tried. We didn't try v Canberra and again this week. It seems if by minute 50 we are not in the game we give up.

BA's presser shows me it is the final nail in the coffin where he is blaming them and them only, which is warranted, but no accountability from himself. He says they need to get themselves out of it. Alexander said he has had enough, i think the players have had enough too. The fact he is saying they gave up will cause issues and it will be sink or swim now he has crossed that line. They will either come out firing v Manly or same result and if same result that has to be it.

• Bennett, Madge and Ben Teo. 

BA absolutely must walk. He will too. 

Season is over. 

BA is so deeply in over his head it's embarrassing. He has been a true and loyal servant to the club but he needs to move on. His message is stale, his key players are past their prime. 

We need to move Matterson on and sign Trey Mooney asap. 
    Hands absolutely needs to be on a rotation with Lussick.

• I'd be very excited to see what a coach like Bennett could do with our halves and some of the other talent in this team.

As much as I hate to see my team flogged, it does seem the only way the board will finally act. I can't see BA falling on his sword, he only lives a few minutes away after all.

• We'd all be excited mate.

If we go into next season with BA as coach we'd be 1000/1 to win the comp. Bennett we'd probably be about 15. The choice for the club is an easy one but they dont have the drive of no how to win. Theyre businessmen who deal with forecasts and trends and whatver other shit they go off. I have no doubt they think BA has been hard done by with injuries, suspensions and what not over the last 2 years when anyone who's paid close attention can see our attitude, attention to details, discipline and effort areas are deteriorating.  We were maybe 10% off winning a comp in 2022 but that was the absolute peak... we're getting further and further away under BA... the most worrying thing is some of the young guys we are building the club around are not developing at the momet. Dylan Brown and Will Penisini are a big part of the future of this club but their game have stalled . Young Blaize is being absolutely thrown to the wolves and he is in danger of being set back before he even really starts. 

• It's time for a clean out. Sarantinos is the 1st to go, then MON, then BA, then Matto, Russell, Sivo, Cini, Dunster and all the other turtle outside backs we've got.

And fuck the NRL for scheduling 3 Queensland teams against us up there. It's supposed to be a home game. And fuck Sarantinos for being a weak as piss CEO that never stands up to the NRL

• BA - " part time players with only a few guys showing up to be full time footballers"...

Who's to blame? Youre the leader of the ship and the driver of the culture. Walk!  Your message clearly isn't getting through anymore and you dont know how to get the side going.

The funny thing is a peanut like BA says stuff every year like 'I believe im the right man for the job and if i wasn't i'd know' ... lol no you wouldn't.. its clear as day you're not the right man for the job youre taking us straight into a rebuild with interntional props and a representivbe 1, 6 , 7 ... most coaches would kill to start with that as their base.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"🤣"
23 minutes ago
Kurupt - Part Time Coach replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Sounds like flipper and coryn are back at it.
I think their loyalty to BA comes from that one night they had dinner at Brads. Mrs Arthur makes a mean devon sandwich. "
24 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Is that you Brad?"
2 hours ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Thank you my son"
2 hours ago
More…