Bennett for coach 2025

If this club is fair dinkum and he's available he has to be coach.  You can't overlook a coach of his calibre if you have a chance to get him while your coach is Brad Arthur .  It would be doing the club, members , sponsors everyone that's ever been involved with the club  a complete disservice.  It's saying you are happy with being a middle of the road side.

BAs power game grind doesn't work every week in the present day NRL. The good teams for a start have backs easing some load and creating a bit of momentum in the middle .. and team and not prepared to roll up the sleeves and play like that week to week.  Half of them look busted from the big efforts they had at the start of the season. 

Don't excuse him with the number of injuries the squad has .. Bennett put together this side last year and has more. He's shown it's not an excuse. Flanagan has reinvented the Dragons in an offseason with half the talent in his squad .. we need a coach who knows how to get it done in this competiton week to week and that isn't BA. 

Almost everything went BAs way in 2022 and he took us as far as he's ever going to. Hes now gone backwards to being a hot and cold inconsistent side and this is going to get worse not better . The systems have not evolved and are rapidly putting pressure on our squad to come up with huge efforts just to win enough games to make the 8. It is not working . Wayne's methods have stood the test of time . He recruits high quality assistants and knows what it takes to win . He knows how to win a completion. The choice is simple but I fully expect us to sit back and persist with BA until we're beyond rock bottom and inneed of a total rebuild . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Answer the question

• Thanks Jake. I know you love your Dad, but you are as clueless as your father.

• In the Eels last 15 games they've had 40+ scored on them 5 times, so 1 in every 3 games, 40+ scored against. Or, every 3 weeks, the Eels are flogged.

Can you guess how many of those games were in Darwin?

That is an unbelievable fall from grace, it's a wooden spoon defensive statistic. 

Actually, it's worse.

In 2023, the Tigers won the wooden spoon averaging 28 points against them, and having 40+ scored against just 3 times in 24 games, or 1 in every 8 games.

The Eels are currently worse defensively than the 2023 spoon winner.

Forget Darwin. 

• Yes can we stop with the bitchin about Darwin and Mick Ennis etc.. who gives a rats ? 

If we played like professionals then those distractions wouldn't matter. Brad Arthur will come up with his excuses, let's not give him more. 

• I'll give you the civil response before other's give a more blunt answer. It's not the Darwin game decision that I think most on here want BA gone. It's simply that he can't get us a premiership. He won't hold his players accountable, and he won't count himself accountable. He's had long enough. Time to move on.

• For fucksake. Really?

Is this Jake?

• You have a very appropriate name.

• It's not either / or. 
      Darwin is a bad decision and has been for some time. It was an interesting experiment 10 years ago but it shouldn't have lasted anywhere near this long. It takes away a home game effectively disadvantaging our own team. It's ludicrous and must end immediately. 
      BA is finished. We're going backwards as a team and rank amongst the worse defensive sides in the NRL. 11 seasons in and yet another season has gone down the drain. It's not personal. It's irrelevant if anyone thinks BA is a good or bad coach, that's missing the point. The only point is he's past his used by date and the team is going backwards under his leadership. 

• We actually had a good record up there until we got 3 Queensland teams in a row. Absolute bullshit from the NRL and their scheduling but it's no excuse 

• Both teams played in Darwin you know? The Dolphins also played there. Whilst missing their coach and half of their first choice squad.

We were flogged by a team with way less experience and talent. I don't care if it was in the middle of the Dubai sand dunes, we embarrassed ourselves.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"Is that you Brad?"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Thank you my son"
1 hour ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"Email address?"
1 hour ago
Adam Magrath replied to Rabz S's discussion South Sydney to offer Wayne Bennett three-year deal as Eels pass on supercoach
"This is just the way Wayne would want things to be played out in the media. I think we are in a good position. McElduff declined to comment, that's just the response we should be giving at this stage."
1 hour ago
More…