Bennett for coach 2025

If this club is fair dinkum and he's available he has to be coach.  You can't overlook a coach of his calibre if you have a chance to get him while your coach is Brad Arthur .  It would be doing the club, members , sponsors everyone that's ever been involved with the club  a complete disservice.  It's saying you are happy with being a middle of the road side.

BAs power game grind doesn't work every week in the present day NRL. The good teams for a start have backs easing some load and creating a bit of momentum in the middle .. and team and not prepared to roll up the sleeves and play like that week to week.  Half of them look busted from the big efforts they had at the start of the season. 

Don't excuse him with the number of injuries the squad has .. Bennett put together this side last year and has more. He's shown it's not an excuse. Flanagan has reinvented the Dragons in an offseason with half the talent in his squad .. we need a coach who knows how to get it done in this competiton week to week and that isn't BA. 

Almost everything went BAs way in 2022 and he took us as far as he's ever going to. Hes now gone backwards to being a hot and cold inconsistent side and this is going to get worse not better . The systems have not evolved and are rapidly putting pressure on our squad to come up with huge efforts just to win enough games to make the 8. It is not working . Wayne's methods have stood the test of time . He recruits high quality assistants and knows what it takes to win . He knows how to win a completion. The choice is simple but I fully expect us to sit back and persist with BA until we're beyond rock bottom and inneed of a total rebuild . 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• if ba goes the Mark Oniell needs too go to. He's just as much responsible for this

• Mark O'Neill should go first. They both should go, BAs finished after that performance, but quite honestly Mark O'Neill has done a much worse job than BA over his tenure so he should be fired first.

• I said earlier in the year i think O'Neill is gone anyway. He was odds on to go to Wests, but then change of management and brought their own guys in. He is gone regardless. Now i think BA is gone, it has to be it, now he has come out and abused them in public like he has never done, you can tell he is feeling the pressure.

He does it all the time when feeling pressure. Remember in 2022 when Fittler's name was buzzing around, he snapped at a journalist pretty much saying i can coach what the hell. 2021 same thing he snapped at journalists after a 54-10 loss to Manly. You can see when he feels pressure, now he is putting on the players for the first time and if he has lost the dressing room that will do it for good.

• TO be honest Snottie if Bennett is fair dinkum he would come anywhere near this joint.....we support year in year out to see performances like this EVERY YEAR.    WE got lucky a few years with good draws and injuries ......get this Dubbo second grade coach out the joint .....ffs and yes next week Manly right hahahahaha .....

• We're EXACTLY the type of team Bennett loves. Underperforming players and a chance for him to be the Messiah. We're perfect for him. 

• Not to mention the team with the biggest premiership drought. Has Bennet all over it.

• You guys want to sack the coach for a poor decision by whoever decided we should play a game every year in Darwin.

• So now it is Darwin that caused this? Apparently it wasn't an issue for the Dolphins  who were at half strength and flogged  us in the same weather. Sorry, Mrs Arthur, that doesn't cut it!

• Do you think they were scoring a try every five minutes at CommBank on a Friday night?

• Keep burying your head in the sand. Both teams played in the same conditions. You are just another clueless excuse maker. Wake up and recognise what we just watched!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Michael Ericson replied to The Captain's discussion Why are our Boards fixated on stability?
"Stability at Board level is a good thing but that doesn't have to translate to an unwillingness to implement change in the organisation where needed. If the Board have rejected a Bennett approach to coach Parra in 2025 - and I stress if - that's not…"
42 seconds ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion Senior Players / BA
"He's responsible for the team on the park weekly he's not responsible for the ooor decision making that hinder this club that's the big picture.Ask yourself do you bother looking at that or just keep believing BAs the big issue here."
1 minute ago
Poppa replied to The Captain's discussion Why are our Boards fixated on stability?
"Well put Cappy, you are providing a wake up call, that doesn't mean you have to shoot everyone one on the premises.
It will be interesting to see if the responses you receive have any originality in them or we get the standard "sack everyone"."
7 minutes ago
The Captain’s discussion was featured
It's a question we've all been asking for these last years. Why are we so slow to change anything that's not working? Why are we so conservative? Why don't we act like other clubs at sacking coaches, boards, CEOs etc?Now firstly, this isn't a…
8 minutes ago
More…