Are our Eels relentless enough to win it. l.

1.  In my years of watching footy the relentless teams with defensive intensity ,the continual roll of a wave in attack for the full 80 minutes are generally the overall winners of competitions. Week in week out it has to be produced. The grunt work  is necessary  to unleash the stars.  In your face defence for 80, zip and run from dummy half. Everybody backing up a half break. Our great Eels sides had it,  the Storm and Roosters have shown it the last 20 years . We have the players ,we have the coaching staff , do we have the desire to get it done.   

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Say that again please Wiz,  Melbourne, Penrith spoon... Not quite a premiership but fucking rewarding!

• This reply was deleted.
            • Luck or the referee?

Every game was geared in their favour, the script was written. 

• Yes agree with that. I never saw us beating Souths but very much liked our chances against Pentith or Melbourne. I said that going into the finals. The biggest issue with our side under Arthur over the 5 years our side has been competitive has been our edge defence. There were signs in the last couple of games heading into the finals that we may have finally found a couple of answers but it was by no means a finished product and Souths are just lethal on that edge especially left edge. 

• They may have Wiz, but we will have no idea; i just think Wiz we were v unlucky against those pricks.....and tbh they were lucky to win the big show as well.

Our defence was better than that before. Again i reiterate we have Rein and Hodgson coming and thats good for cooler heads. I think Gutho at times loses it.......

• We need players like Rein and Hodgo for sure. Hence why I've based my opinion on our team as it stood last year. We have no idea how BA will use Rein and isn't it pretty set that Hodgson isn't coming this year ?  If we only use Rein as backup and Reed plays most games we will see more of the same shit I fear. 

• History! means nothin now,

• Penrith had 7 players with major injuries in the semi finals. Dylan Edwards took his moon boot off for games only in all finals. 3 players couldn't run and one had one arm to play with. Not a bad result considering. I would not hang your hat on getting within 2 points of them in this condition. 

• I am not sure they want to hear the cold hard logic of that statement Keet.

They are basking in the glory of overall negativity and putting shit on anyone that moves is a "simple fare" for a starving group!

I would love to be your facilitator in a training group Wiz, first rule is one negative word and you are out the door.....you will be fantastic when you turn your evil negativity to the positive of what we want to achieve!

• I've said nothing since GF and someone posted Panthers got ref's nod which was not true.   I am an Eels fan too and feel the pain. Totally agree with a comment about lacking a true leader and won't win a comp till this happens. Hodgson won't die wondering and will be an asset sadly lacking. Noone in team seems to bleed blue and gold like the fans. 

• We can't all be dreamers , poppa .  The facts are , I'm one of the minority here who think we have one of the best coaches in the comp for our squad , but I see 2 maybe 3 shortfalls in our roster stopping us from going all the way . 

call that being the king of death riders if you wish , but there's experts far more qualified than the collective on here that agree with me .  Who do you have to back your opinion up besides yourself ? 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"And captaincy"
12 seconds ago
Mitchy replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Yeah fine if we can snag him but I'd not be paying the full amount. He's not worth that for us!  Maybe $400-500z "
13 minutes ago
Longfin Eel replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I also think we are in need of wingers rather than centres. It's likely Lomax would find himself on the wing at some stage in Parra anyway."
20 minutes ago
Kurupt - Monkey Magic replied to Johnny Suede's discussion ‘How disappointing is that’': Tigers greats Benny Elias and Steve Roach ‘invited by Parra’ amid bizarre series of snubs
"Yep"
29 minutes ago
More…