COACHING SPECULATION

“There’s a theory that the Eels’ Premiership window will be well and truly closed if they don’t get the job done this year, and Brad Arthur’s head could be on the chopping block if they don’t at least make a Prelim. Some have even suggested Arthur needs to make a Grand Final to keep his job.”
- Western Weekender / The Masked Panther

The Western Weekender is peddling a rumour that Panther’s assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo is being entertained as Parramatta’s next head coach, should we fail to finish in the top 4 this year.

Young, talented and well liked by his players, the Tigers and Sharks tried, but could not secure Ciraldo.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• and why is that keet?

why wouldnt you wish BA on the tigers? for sure as you draw wasted breaths, he is a far better coach than any of the ones they have had since sheens' heyday....maybe he doesnt believe in "fake news" and 1 million protestors in canberra.

have you been protesting with the Blockade Australia mob? Im sure i saw you there.....

• I thought the you and DolphEel would want Brad at the Dolphins 

• Guess that's why ba is with parra classed as one of the best teams

• Ciraldo is definitely worth consideration if the board feels it's game over for BA.

The problem I see for Parra is the production line that's where we need to see the gains to continue to keep the window open.

• Bring it on 

• I'd like to see Brad stick around in some capacity, he's done great things for the club and still has a lot to give - but he'd probably want to continue his coaching career so will most likely go elsewhere and probably end up as a rebuild coach (which he has done a spectacular job at).

Ciraldo is in a pretty crappy position to be honest, he has so much expectation on him before he's even held the head coaches clipboard - if he doesn't become a supercoach immediately the knives will be out. But if we were going to give anyone a punt after Brad I'd want it to be either Ciraldo or Woolf given what's on offer.

Given that Ciraldo has just extended for a year with Penrith I can't see Brad getting the axe at the end of this year, but I definitely can see it happening mid next season.

• Other then an untried rookie coach like Ciralado who has not won diddly squat.  I still do not understand the Media/Fox push for Flanagan.   There has been absolutely no commentary on his involvment in the peptides scandal and cap cheating but endless talk about how he got Cronulla to a premiership.   I for one dont want him anywhere near Parra.   His rep stinks IMHO. 

• You know to stay away from Flanagan when clubs like the Dogs, Tigers and the Warriors won't go near him.

BA has done a tremendous job getting us to where we are and I honestly consider him to be one of the best "rebuild" coaches in the NRL. 

In saying that I don't believe he is "that coach". I don't think BA will ever be a premiership winning coach. 

Ciraldo seems to be most people's go to as the replacement coach but does he have the runs on the board like Christian Wolfe does?

I know Wolfe's accolades and achievements but don't know what Ciraldo has achieved other than assistant coach at Penrith. 

People point to Barrett as a reason not to go with a Panthers assistant coach but let's face it, we saw how Barrett went as a head coach at Manly. There was no surprise at all that he failed at the dogs.

• Why would Flanagan seriously want to go to the 3 amigos ( Dogs, Tigers and Warriors) I reckon Flanagan is waiting for BA to go then he will go after the Eels job

• Mate Flanagan is desperate to get back into 1st grade coaching. 

If any of those teams offered him a gig I reckon he would jump at it.

That is a moot point though as non of those bottom feeder clubs even considered Flanagan as an option.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Seth hardy replied to LB's discussion BA's Round 8 presser
"Funny how a lot of BA fan boys on here are now jumping of the bus but blaming everybody else. A lot on here have known and been saying for years that the coach was not the only one responsible for this situation. "
35 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I agree higher ups need rearranging. But tell me Coryn, would we have a better chance winning a comp with BA or Bennett?
Coaching is not the no.1 issue, but is a big issue."
37 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"All lives matter ALM even those that live and play in Darwin!"
54 minutes ago
Poppa replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Chief, you have been warned off their site, are you being dishonest or disingenous?"
59 minutes ago
More…