Replies

• This type of language used to unfortunately be commonly used 30+ years ago, but I haven't heard that for a very long time - and for good reason. Yes this was said in the heat of the moment, but the fact that this is what entered his head is quite concerning. You just can't say things like this any more, not even joking with your mates.

• Agree Brett and longfin 

my eldest sometimes says it out of frustration to his younger brother who is Aspergers and it really shits me !! It just doesn’t belong anywhere anymore whether he said it lightheartedly or not me thinks 

• The NRL should hang it's head in shame for what it has handed down here. My mum taught special ed for many years and I can't believe the lack of consideration for the community in general displayed by this 'punishmnet' and in the apology issued by AFB. So glad Ben Ikin brought this all out into the public domain. 

• To call a ref a retard and a spastic is stepping  over the line, the NRL can't be parading players when they are visiting kids in hospitals  who are suffering from these disabilities and then go soft when one  of their players  uses the words Spastic and retard to abuse a ref  on national TV.          

• You have it right here, Fong

• It always seems that those who say some particular word or phrase doesn't matter are the ones who have never had to live with the stigma. They also rarely appear to put 2 + 2 together, somehow thinking when a particular label is used as an insult that whole identities can be tarnished with that insult. 

It's really not that difficult. We just have to put ourselves in others shoes, which we will never do perfectly, but even the effort to do so should encourage caution about attaching insults to identities. Even AFB knows this, once the heat died down 

• I don't think AFB does know this, the fact that he callled the ref a retard on the field then called him a spastic in the tunnel shows he is a dipshit who would struggle to known how to tie his shoelaces.  

• Yeah, my charity toward a Moanly wanker is limited so I'm happy to concede AFB may know nothing. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
3 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
4 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
4 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
5 hours ago
More…