2024 Membership

What are the thoughts around here about ticketed memberships in 2024.

My whole family have been members for around 30 years but the concensus going home yesterday was I think we've had enough for now . I think it was almost the same after the Grand Final last year too. We'll still support the Eels and try to catch some games but there's just something about the way the club is being run at the moment that seems to be an acceptance of mediocrity and being happy to be mid whilst jacking up prices and a complete reliance on having some of the best game day facilities in the league. 

We made the GF in 2022 but there was a feeling we were never really close. The wasn't much between a lot of the sides in the comp after Penrith but at that game it was so apparent we were so far off in the little areas of the game . We rocked up and it felt like we treated it like a round 20 game . Meanwhile our forwards are getting obliterated by a ruthless pack who were more hungry in their 3rd GF than we were in our first.

This year is just more of the same. We regularly miss 50+ tackles a game , our edges can't defend for the life of them (the defence by Russell tonight on Teddys opening try was amongst the worst I've seen at NRL level ) our physicality is appalling .. we bounce off tackles left right and centre , we haven't seen many good local kids push through to nrl in years .. and going into 2024 it appears as though we are going to be faced with the same problems led by the same coach who has shown he doesn't have the ability to solve our issues. 

I'm sure sides like the Tigers would love to have had the last few years we have at Parra , and I have blue and gold blood and won't hop off them .. but it feels like we're all being taken for a ride at the moment . The club is content with being also rans and has also put out by far the worst group in the nrlw.  Making the grand final was a mirage and we're wasting the prime years of Moses , Gutho , RCG etc with a coach that is out of ideas to grow their games past where they're at and kids who's development now appears to be getting stifled in this system . Might be a wise idea to save $500 and make a few efforts during the year like the team does?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you tried emailing Larissa ? 

• 🤣 

Apparently she is still in the psych ward, but gets regular visits from Scotty Seward who sells eels merchandise out the back of his car boot to patients, staff and family every second Saturday at cost prices 

*cash payments only without a receipt. 

• Wonder if Seward gets his merch from Ossie and Justin Poore the god fearing Christians 😂.  

Remember that incident ?  Only seems like yesterday that Tony Bumhole was  preaching to me about how good that member of our upper management was and I was telling him Ossie was totally crook. Think that was the beginning of mine and prawn finger's feud 🦐 

All the while I'd been told that old mate was stoinking the marketing girl and his kids were treating the club like their own personal playground.

• As bad as we went this year and how bleak next year will be, I still got my membership. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Blue Eel replied to LB's discussion Eels and Broncos proposed trade
"I heard that Lane was running it with his PHD in Pyscology with the emphasis on everyone gets a participation ring and it dosnt matter if you win lose or draw. If you make it thrpugh a season you get a bonus merit award."
4 minutes ago
KENDOZA replied to paul taylor's discussion Dogs are the real deal this year.
"The dogs were in a right mess for a few years but atleast the club has done something about it. I could be wrong but the eels management have definitely taken the members for granted and could be in for a decline when renewing for 2025. I know a few…"
6 minutes ago
Blue Eel replied to LB's discussion Eels and Broncos proposed trade
"ooops sorry badger , see im mentally bruised with this team and cant even get my words right. Its so hard to say it but i'll try again. "We have only won 4 from our last 21 games". arggggggggg that hurts. 😫"
6 minutes ago
LB replied to Offside's discussion Match review?
"1. Gutho - 7: He was fine, made some good tackles out the back as he does and made some nice decisions to save a try or two as he always does. Just was not the type of game for him to do what he does best. Let's hope his acceleration can return in…"
8 minutes ago
More…