1Eyed Eel

Parramatta Eels Supporters Website

Who are we losing and who are we getting for 2018

Regardless of what happens from here, 2017 has been our most successful season in a long time. Do we have any needs in our squad or will we see essentially the same top 25 players (of the 30 we will have as part of our cap) making up our 2018 team?

We've signed Kane Evans for 2018 but I haven't heard of any other additions to our squad. Semi is leaving, at least until May. He will be sorely missed but we have troops within who can take his place.

Views: 3415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Big Frank as well.

And Frank Pritchard

Josh McCrone..LOL

Josh Mcrone?
We will hold out for as long as possible for semi. French and gutho (if fit) will roatate between fullback and wing. At this stage, taka is in BA's plans, and will be the second centre picked. No way he plays for wenty.
IDG and Mannah will retire is my tip. So we do need a 3rd hooker. If we can jag Jnr Paulo and we have Kane Evans we are looking great.

Mate if we could land Junior we would have a good forward pack going into next year, 8 Paulo 10 Evans with Matagi and Alvaro off the bench that's a good prop rotation.

Apart from Niukore there is also Folau

that can be used as forwards. Folau has been getting a few wraps of late and I seen him in the game against Newcastle the other day and he looks very comfortable in the Forwards. 

The other player that impressed me in that game was Honeti Tuha 

There are a lot of good young players coming thru from ISP and NYC. They will need to  begin to make room for them or they will be following the path of Twal and Fuimaono 

I'd love to see Niukore and Folau both get a chance in the back row at NRL level some time in the near future, imo the offer a lot more then what Gower does. Both run harder and better lines then Gower. I hope both get new contracts next year.

Problem is that if you keep overlooking these young players they will take offers at other clubs to get a run in the NRL and who can blame them. Gower and Pritchard, there best football is behind them.

John Eel, you are 100% correct.

I hate insurance guys. Always trying to sell me a policy.

RSS

© 2018   Created by 1Eyed Eel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service