What I Expect to see in 2015

Through my training blogs I've tried to create a picture of the players , the drills, the coach, the staff and the vibe around the group. I've dedicated a blog specifically to BA. I've responded to other blogs with what I hope has been suitable feedback. Having done that, I thought I'd round off my series of blogs with my thoughts about what I expect to see as the key features of Parramatta's performances this year.DEFENSIVE LINE SPEEDYou can attack with the ball and you can attack against the ball. Watch for the line speed after kicks. Look to what we do when the opposition are in their own 20. I expect to see aggressive tacklers.TALKExpect the players to be bigger talkers on the field. Hoppa is non stop. Watmough will be barking at them. But not just the "leaders" will be talking. As an example, here's a comment I heard from BA during an opposed game at training: "Tui, I can't hear you!". They are a team.TAKING OPPORTUNITIESAn opportunity that presents on the 2nd tackle may not be there on the 4th tackle. We'll take those chances. Also if we work hard to get repeat sets we should earn points.PLAY WHAT'S IN FRONT OF YOUThe spine will always be key but the coach is creating a team of footballers. They are trained to be able to use the football and make decisions about what's in front of them. I expect all of the players to have the confidence to execute plays.STRUCTUREWith all of this talk of taking opportunities you might think, is this going to mean unstructured play? The team will have structure. They will look to roll forward for a certain number of rucks before executing rehearsed plays. Yes they have rehearsed plays. I expect aggressive hit ups. However, they will be encouraged to make early plays when they see the chance. I also expect, as I know the coach expects, that those halves should get the ball in their hands on the last tackle.SPEED MENWe have two absolute flyers on the wings. We will use them. I think there may be some surprises for how they are used. Just a little something that I observed at training that I don't want to expose here. You never know who reads these blogs. I think Robinson might just challenge Semi for top try scorer.THE NEXT GENERATIONTepai is already there so I will just limit my predictions to debutants. Lavaka might just be higher in the pecking order and I expect he might get a run. If Matterson goes well for Wenty his utility value might be tested this year. My "from the clouds" tip is Newbigging. I get the impression that they like him. My "dark horse" is Nelson.LEADERSHIPWhat a group of contenders. Mannah, Choc, Peats, Hoppa, Champion are all potential leaders. I expect Mannah to retain his role and I'd be happy for any of the others to co-captain. Regardless, we have a group of senior players that also includes Sandow and IDG who will all provide a voice and direction at crucial times.There we have it. No team list. Just a blog about a team that I expect to be both aggressive and creative. Bring it on.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mate, thank you, your perspective is highly valued!
  • Im with you sixtiesboy im looking forward to 2015.But i wish we had Hayne still

• xFrJtHxh.jpg

• I just can't thankyou enough the season can't start quick enough.
  • Hey 60s, thanks again....this is the perfect wrap up to your training blogs. It was great to spend a morning watching a session with you and I'll keep the "little something" the wingers have been working on quiet until it comes off in a match. Can't wait for March 6th against those silvertails. As it happens, that's my bday so I'll be in a very merry state in parramatta. Cheers mate.
    • Thanks mate. It's been great to meet you too. I'm sure that you'll agree that you can't help but feel positive after watching the fellas train. It was also good to meet Xman and parrat through and through.as I said in a blog, if you see a bloke in blue and gold at the game, it will be me.
  • You paint the mona lisa of pictures when you put together your blogs, well done and thank you for the valuable insite to our least favorite part of the year

• You're welcome Stevo. Appreciate your feedback.
  • I also expect to see me at the club before the game discussing our chances, me at the game in the Cronin Stand, me in the club after the game enjoying the win. Hope to say g'day to a few of you this year. If you say g'day you'll probably meet Trouser Eel ( an occasional contributor). DKEel is sometimes in attendance too.(we're hoping his daughter is again one of the junior Sweet Peas). I've put a couple of names to faces at training this year. Hope to see you all at a game.
    • Junior Sweet P auditions this Friday ......  here's hoping she will get into the squad again.

The girls had a lot of fun being a part of the cheer squad.  I had a bit of fun helping out with the junior and senior Sweet P's on game days too (nothing like channeling your inner "Wiggle" or "Hi-5" member to keep the young 'uns entertained ...... some of the Sweet P's loved to poke fun at me saying I was just meeting with my intellectual peers!!)

Our CEO Scott Seward was amazingly supportive of this initiative from the club and, from what he told us, the NRL was highly impressed too (had we got into the semi finals last year , the Junior Sweet P's were to perform at the semi finals!)

Anyhoo, hope to catch everyone at a few games this year , share a pre match drinkie then a hearty post match celebratory drink !!!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Seraph replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"I think  its frustration. Knees are cooked and other teams see him out of position he cant cover quick enough.
Also seeing the guys not put up the same effort as you try to, must be hard.
this year has been the first time in the past few seasons…"
1 minute ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"I'm talking about filling in for the rest of the year. Being a origin and international coach, he might be able to kick him in to gear. If he didn't, to me the year is dead buried anyways. It's either him, Barrett or ba continues. 
Holbrook was the…"
2 minutes ago
AlShaw replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"The ref was woeful.
8 straight penalties  with 2 set restarts throw in  plus a couple of soft sin bins, they're sportsmen not supermen
They did well to wrestle momentum back from Manly but every time they did the ref stepped in.
Apart from a couple…"
4 minutes ago
Seraph replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"I reckon Russell or Talagi are in while Sivo is out... will be an interesting few weeks after the bye. "
5 minutes ago
More…