The non-half you would target for 2018

So this is a follow-on to Miatch's blog about halves who might be available for 2018.

The blog was pretty much based on the scenario of what happens if Gutho at six doesn't pan out.

I'm pretty bullish on the fact that Gutho is going to be a cracker six, and Norman will relish the extra responsibility of being the seven. 

So if we don't need a half, and the suggestion is we have enough room for another marquee player, who do we take a crack at.

I said in that blog I'd go for the next big thing at hooker, and he's not a marquee player but the guy I'd be looking at is Lachlan Croker.

He's better known as a half, but at 185cm, I think he's perfectly suited for nine. If he trained for that position, he'd play at 95kg+ and he'd give you that extra bit of playmaking I think would suit us with two strong running halves. He's already played first grade and performed well in reserves aged 19 and I have no doubt he's an NRL quality player.

I know the Raiders have an enormous opinion on him, but they look to have their spine locked in for the foreseeable future. They will no doubt try and keep him around as a utility but I reckon if you offer him the first grade nine jersey and a decent contract, he just may be the long-term answer to the nine role.

If Gutho works out, who should we be targeting for 2018?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Poor kid. Phil has already cursed him.
    • And gutho for 6, and Norman with extra responsibility
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Yeh, I went looking for a hooking target and came up with Croker. I know it can be risky to take a punt on a kid but as we have De Gois, we're in a position where we can take a bet on someone.

• I think that sportsbet ad with "the curse" features you Phil! Don't do it to Gutho too!
    • :-P

• Ennis.

Throw the book at him, commentary can wait!

He's not injury prone and has had his best year ever.

Money talks.

200w.gif

• X2
  • Sorry Phil, I'm still hearing that Gutho will be playing centre and we are still looking at a halfback.
    • I love Guthoerson as a player but geez he looks uncoordinated as a half..

200w.gif

• Gutho will be a tremendous player...just what im hearing.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
"This block is pissed he didn't get a invite. "
22 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him's discussion Fergo in the sh@t again .
""
22 minutes ago
"What a complete f####t, completely lost the plot. At least ba got him out of the club before his next brain burst. "
26 minutes ago
EA replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"Lol do you even watch Reggie's that you are giving Brazel a go lol "
39 minutes ago
More…