Sterlo puts the curse on the Eels 2018 Season

NRL news: Peter Sterling backs Parramatta Eels for premiership glory in 2018

Nine Network commentator and NRL analyst Peter Sterling believes the Parramatta Eels will be a genuine premiership chance next season.

"I think that next year will be their time," the Eels legend said in the weekly 'Sterlo's Wrap'-Upsegment on Wide World of Sports.

"They've got the side to be really good next year. I thought next season they would be a premiership-winning chance so they exceeded my expectations this year. If you make top four, you're right in the mix."

Parramatta finished the year with 16 wins and eight losses, to end the regular season in fourth position on the NRL ladder. In the first week of the finals they suffered a narrow two-point loss to Melbourne and were bundled out of the premiership race with a 24-16 loss in the semi-final against North Queensland. 

"This year to finish top four, everybody was excited about their prospects " Sterling said.

"The great thing about Parramatta these days is that they have strong leadership on and off the field. They've got a good board now, where there's no agendas, there's no egos, it's whatever is good for the club, the decisions are made on that basis."

Sterling also praised the efforts of "no-nonsense" coach Brad Arthur for the club's recent success.

"It was nice to hear him come out and say on the back of the Melbourne loss, 'I want them to push the line, I want them to go right to the edge'," Sterling said.

"That's when they play their best football. Get up in the face, force the opposition into errors, get under their skin, do what it takes and that will continue."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/19/18/16/nrl-peter-sterling-expert-column-parramatta-eels-set-for-premiership-next-year

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After the weekend im over sterlo, i couldnt give a shit about his opinion and if NSW were smart theyd have him nowhere near selection.

• To be fair he was important in the game plans of NSW - look past the loss and it's obvious that his plans were pretty good, they destroyed QLD in Game 1, and did so for a half in Game 2. The fact we lost is because we went away from the plan in Game 2. He had a lot of influence there and we looked far better with ball in hand than previously under Daley when averaging 10pts a game.
  • Did he just say we have strong leadership on the field?

Shows that a lot of what sterlo says these days is nothing more than poorly thought out dribble.

• I thought someone would pick up on that statement.
  • We get cheeseburger Paulo back and get him fit... We are a chance. If we are relying on Jane Evans we got nothin
    • You think that even with BAs ability to bring out the best?

• PS, Vave needs to stop eating sheep and get real.   Aim ups or see you later!

•  Making predictions one year, plus out,is about as useful as the hair on Sterlo`s head.

• Lets see if Sterlo backs this up by actually making a few favourable comments towards the eels during his commentary next year and not sound like he has cash on the opposition. I'll be listening. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Bob Smith replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"Yes, Melbourne is the best 'eyes up' team in the competition and have been for years."
9 minutes ago
Michael Ericson replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"Lane has always played his best footy later in the season. He's a massive body who needs a lot of match conditioning. He has been well below his best so far though. "
12 minutes ago
Bob Smith replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"If the game against the Broncos was at Suncorp, I think the Broncos would break the record for the largest winning margin. Luckily, it's at commbank, so we'll only lose by 40. 
The game against Melbourne at Suncorp on magic round will probably see…"
13 minutes ago
TolEllts replied to Blue Eel's discussion Hidden Truth
"1000% agree. It is the IQ that seems most of our players lack. They don't play smart, they just used their brwans, not their minds.
Look at how Melbourne plays - they are thinking players not tied to their structures as robot when the oppurtunity…"
14 minutes ago
More…