SCOTT NEXT ON EELS CHOPPING BLOCK

Parramatta enforcer Beau Scott is the latest Eel reported to be looking for a new home in season 2016. With less than a month left until the June 30 transfer deadline, Scott joins fellow new recruit Michael Gordon and star playmaker Corey Norman as Eels on the chopping block as the embattled club seeks to rectify their salary cap issues beyond this season. This follows from the departure of Nathan Peats to the Titans and Junior Paulo to the Raiders over the past fortnight.

Despite missing State of Origin selection, Scott has been in damaging form for the Eels. But there are reports the new management see a problem not with his personal form, but rather, his name.

“You just can’t trust a bloke like that” said one key official, who did not want to be identified. “You know, with his two first names and that. Is he Beau, or is he Scott? Pick one or the other, I say. It's just very difficult. I can’t imagine how the blokes around him must feel”.

Documents leaked during the NRL Integrity Unit’s raids of Eels headquarters have revealed that there were a number of Eels stakeholders against the signings of both Scott and Gordon for the 2016 season, some of whom remain in positions within the Eels ranks.

It is believed these same stakeholders were also against the signing of Corey Norman, and have been working to offload him since he came to the Eels at the beginning of the 2014 season. Insiders claim there was recently a dispute between board members regarding an address book that was found on site, which contained contact numbers of several of Sydney’s high-profile drug dealers, as well as a member of Star City security.

“It's the same story” said one source within the club. “Corey or Norman? Fullback or five-eighth? Footballer or drug dealer? You've got to admit, it's a bit suspicious. The bloke has been untrustworthy since he arrived, and that has left a bit of a stench around the joint. Then we go and sign blokes like Michael Gordon and Scott…Scott...Beau…oh see there it is again, perfect example of how it just doesn’t work. Not at our club. We need to ditch the lot of them.”

Former Eels great Brett Kenny has come out in support of the trio, and has approached the Rugby League Players’ Association on their behalf.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Funny, I'll give you that!

• Where did this shit come from. For one our seasons over we don't need to cut players maybe Gordon. The nrl will probaly take all out point from us and give us the spoon. Unless Scott wants to go this is just the medias way of putting us back in the head lines
    • It's called satire....

• I dig the mentality of being so committed to the media being a joke that you can't see an actual joke staring you in the face.
  • I call bs on this
    • Satire bro...

• Be prepared for the backlash Hahaha

• This is so blatantly satire that it is actually amusing people taking it at face value hahaha!

• Mate that's awesome , absaloutly love this blog . I just pray to God that Radradra isn't a common Fijjian first name ?
    • Oh dear god. He could be next!!!

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Simon Priestly replied to LB's discussion Buzz on Parramatta and BA
"Anyone else worried about a post Brian Smith , coach merry go round, shit show replay? 
Brian Smith - Too long, no results, needs to go
Taylor, Hagan, Kearney, Stuart - No results, what we need is stability 
BA - Too long, no results, needs to…"
2 minutes ago
Space Eel replied to EA's discussion NSW Cup Player Review
"What I have seen of MA is he is very very slow and very overated. Will end up like his brother struggling to get a spot in Reggie's. I don't see what all the fuss is about?If he's our future we are screwed."
9 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to SEQld Eel (formely NZ Eel)'s discussion It's time to build a team that we can be proud of again!!!
"Oh gee whizz, now you got me blushing."
9 minutes ago
Darren Munro replied to LB's discussion Buzz on Parramatta and BA
"Parramatta are 2nd for 1st halves and 17th for second halves. Says it all really."
12 minutes ago
More…