Replies

• Ha ha idiots
  • And the generator charging it runs on petrol .
  • Anyone drive a Tesla? Or driven one?
    My mate owns a Model S. It’s freakin amazing. I am completely convinced now that electric cars will replace petrol/diesel cars in my lifetime. It’s simply a better machine. It’s faster, quieter, less moving parts, much more luggage space due to no engine. There’s also connectivity advantages like upgrades done remotely overnight etc. And I haven’t mentioned emissions, this isn’t a global warming discussion. It’s just a better, more advanced machine.
    • What's their range like? How long does it take to charge them?

• Haven't driven a Telsa but I did have a Hybrid Camry for a few years . I must admit that the combination of combustion engine and electric was pretty awesome . Over 1000kms for about $60 and she got up and went pretty good off the lights for a crappy rice burner when both engines were kicked in . Would've hated to have kept it long enough to have to fork out the 10 grand to replace the battery though .

Oh and you could take it bush camping and leave the stereo cranking all night and not have to worry about getting a flat battery either . Dunno how you'd jump start it though as the battery was all hidden away behind the back seat and not accessible easily .
    • Yes agreed MM don't confuse efficiency with Political Correctness....sometimes they can work in tandem.

• I work in cars and yep... EV's are well and truly going to become the norm. Late 2018 and most manufacturers will have a reasonably priced EV in their lineup - as soon as 3 things are sorted i.e. buy price, range and charging infrastructure it will be on. Price is dropping rapidly, range is good on a few now i.e. 400km+ and charging network is growing rapidly... plus as long as you have a charger at home most commuters are covered easily. Many countries already have targets in place for pissing off combustion motors and it will happen.

I've had countless meetings in recent weeks with the oil companies, various manufacturers and also infrastructure and charging network mobs and everything is confirming the direction. Tesla Model 3 will be a game changer but just put back to first thing 2019 but there is product from Renault about to hit and then Nissan, Hyundai etc mid 2018.

As for Tesla... yep, the Model S is a killer. Had a demo recently - comes in 3 'levels' - smaller motor then 2 'tunes' of the larger motor. The top end one ($200k) will pull 100km/h in 2.7 sec... reality is that it is a bit faster than that - think sport bike acceleration in a car. Check out the new Tesla roadster thing - looks like a McLaren - not sure on due date but that will hit 100 in 1.7 which is just off the charts... quickest production registerable car ever.

Only downside off even the hyper-quick Tesla gear is if you are really into all things cars / driving then they are just too sterile - all that speed with virtually no noise, no exhaust bark, no throttle blip, no induction howl, no forced induction whine etc... it all feels just a bit Playstation so to speak.

• Hahaha
  • Haha , what a tool
  • Wait a second.  I'm all for hating on the greenies, but surely there's a difference between that and denying climate change?

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"Do you watch first grade? Give him a crack, if he sinks move on to the next. "
1 hour ago
Bourbon Man replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Fair enough mate. 
We're all looking for answers. "
1 hour ago
Steel be with you replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"I would be looking to move him on now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 but we should be looking to move him by November 2024. We can pay the last year of his contract out. He can come over here to England and play for one of our teams."
2 hours ago
Steel be with you replied to Hellmut's discussion Goal Kicking
"The goal kicking cost us badly today. If you are an opponent what looks better, being down 20-6 at half time or being down 14-6?"
2 hours ago
More…