As we all know 2018 is a writeoff . Do you think we will have same season as this year ? Next year . Doesnt seem like we are going out there recruiting many players ? So maybe same team as this year . Looks like next year maybe also a writeoff .

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• True Parra fan my arze - all we have to do is win all our remaining games and defeat the byes and we will be comfortably in the top 8.

Fecking ORF SEEZUN MALADY is rampant.

• Nothing will change. It's not like we have a few superstars out injured - Hayne may not be here, Mannah is a benchie and Brown was involved in our losses through the earlier part of the season.

Jnr alone won't change anything. So get ready for another bottom 4 finish.

We need a complete rebuild and a fresh start to become winners again, and that won't happen under this current set up
  • We need more then Paulo so next year wooden spoon again so proud be a eel fan

• Unfortunately i think that Ba not the answer but who else is there
  • I think they can turn it around if they do a few things. Firstly we need to bring in a new coach. BA has had his time and done Ok, however, he peaked last year with a top 4 finish and I don’t see that happening again with him as coach. There are a few alternatives. Hasler, Toovey, Maguire and Bennett if he becomes available. Secondly, we desperately need a hooker that can run from dummy half. King and kaysa are not the answer. We also need to sign another big bopper in the front row. Nathan Davis needs to be moved into first grade and Norman needs to be moved on if possible. Blood Saelmon and look at signing someone like Blake Austin. Also bring in a football manager ffs. Then we might have a chance.
  • Bummer , I came here expecting a 2019 team list . 

• Lazy basket Wiz - write your bloody own 2099 team list.

• lol
  • Our problem it is always a different player having a bad game every week. It's why one week you have people saying drop Norman and the next Moses. It's why I have been yelling at the TV to drop Jennings in the heat of the moment. But this is the same Jennings that had a huge role in why Moses was able to play last year. What has changed? Well... it would be easy to blame it on losing a winger, but that would be an easy out. It would be easy to blame the refs, but that too would be only part of the problem and only explain some of the loses. It would be easy to blame injuries, but that would difficult considering most clubs get injuries and the fact we had pretty much the full squad against Manly.

Some obvious negatives, 1 - long kicking game, 2 - kick chase.

Some positive things I have noticed. Alvaro is getting better and looks very very close to adding an offload to his game. Gower is playing better than he ever has. That's about it.

Anyway, so what is the problem. Who knows. Luck or rather lack thereof? Will next year be any different. Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if we finish last next year or made the top four again.
  • Knights only won a few games last year and look at them now. Why? a complete team re-build by signing all those Roosters players, etc.....Tigers were in  a similar position. Both teams recruited very well for this season and we must do the same for next year.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EA's discussion Line up afterthe bye
"Do you watch first grade? Give him a crack, if he sinks move on to the next. "
53 minutes ago
Bourbon Man replied to Cranky Brad is here!!!'s discussion Bye bye Brad Arthur
"Fair enough mate. 
We're all looking for answers. "
1 hour ago
Steel be with you replied to Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst's discussion Lane is cooked
"I would be looking to move him on now. He is contracted until the end of 2025 but we should be looking to move him by November 2024. We can pay the last year of his contract out. He can come over here to England and play for one of our teams."
1 hour ago
Steel be with you replied to Hellmut's discussion Goal Kicking
"The goal kicking cost us badly today. If you are an opponent what looks better, being down 20-6 at half time or being down 14-6?"
1 hour ago
More…