Replies

• Probably no one.

Or at all his team mates because there is no collective team work out there

• Bigger question - why is Dylan reading a book by All Blacks legend Dan Carter?

Reading up on his next career move?

• Honestly, I like the fact he's reading; broadening his horizons. Thinking. It's interesting he's making a statement about this particular theme of an organization's "culture" being "one".

Guessing, on face value as an armchair observer, it appears he's thinking more deeply about his and the Eels' current dilemma - our "organization" and "cultural" woes needing to be "one" - comparing it to the enviable culture of the All Blacks machine. Even a numbskull like me has done that and would do that, looking for answers. It's also coinciding with a difficult period for the club, so that would make sense. 

If so, that's a great sign. Recognizing there is a deep rooted issue is the first step towards resolving the issues.

He's got a pensive look about him, without his usual grin and giggle, passing things off laid-back-teflon style, so maybe it meant something to him however small. 

I'd rather him think more big-picture than plan his next party with The Lane train and co.

He's coming into his mid-20s now and should be starting to mature and using a bit more of his frontal cortex (thinking ahead about the future, planning and consequences). That's when the cortex starts getitng integrated to the rest of the more emotional, limbic brain. It's no accident that's when halves start to mature.

Still, I don't know. We can only guess what the underlying meaning or symbolism of him holding up this book is.

Don't really see an issue at this point. He's always flirted with the idea of RU, but who knows. 

Gibson and Fernley were inspired by Lombardi as are many coaches. It doesn't mean they will end up in NFL. The likes of Gus Gould, Trent Robinson, and even the Panthers travel the world inspired by soccer, NFL or whatever teams and organizations: getting ideas from other codes. Des Halser reads Gandhi or whatever eccentric stuff it doesn't mean he'll escape into a Vipassana retreat for a few years (he might want to soon though after the Titans). That's what thinking people looking for inspiration and improvement do. I like it.

• I think you're giving Dylbro too much credit here HOE. Judging by his seat number, he's definitely referring to the team member or coach sitting in business class and leaving the rest of them in economy....it only takes one person moving the other way to disrupt the harmony and threaten the culture. LOL

• Lol, Axel. You're probably completely right. Occasionally, I slip into optimistic mode. A man can dream lol.

•  the dressing room is not united. its obvious on the field

• O'Neilll, Arthur and O'Neill have bumped heads for a couple of seasons now.  That'd be my guess.  Players as we know are rallying around Arthur so someone in theire is not , ain't barrettt . 

• It is definitely a message to someone as it was posted for the public to see but I would like to know who took the photo and posted it as I doubt Dylan has brains to understand the meaning of it after his selfish attitude over the years and especially last year.  Wasn't there talk they all made an agreement to lay low and avoid off field issues just before he got busted.

Either way an unhappy Dylan who has get out clauses in his contract just as the roosters announce Keary retiring and Roosters have plenty of cap space with Manu, Suallii, Chrighton and JWH leaving points to 1 outcome I reckon.

• Well he can decline his options for 2026, 2027 & 2028 and be able to talk to clubs in November.

• When the time comes and if he wants to go let him go. There's no point in having someone here who doesn't want to be here or not for the right reasons. In addition to Gutho's shitty contract (which we are now starting to feel the effect of) Dylan's isn't real fantastic either from the club's point of view. It's our fault for agreeing to them both.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Coryn, the bottom line is, like you, I don't believe our issues are limited to one man: our head coach and his coaching caravan.
We do need a new head coach: a new voice with creative, new ideas how to get more from our cattle. But we have deeper…"
1 minute ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to swiftedtayla's discussion rape allegation
""
1 minute ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to swiftedtayla's discussion rape allegation
"Ours is an inch by 600 x 400 if my memory serves me correctly. Wasn't cheap but worth every cent when you consider it over the next however many years we live 😂. Hopefully we get our moneys worth. "
7 minutes ago
"Travertines great. Not slippery at all and ours is still raw. I'm told the sealer we have can have an additive pit in to increase grip, but we haven't gotten as far as sealing it yet. "
9 minutes ago
More…