Wayne Bennett

If we fail to land the master coach - who do we go for?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is he is - thanks Patsy. Smithy would be superb in a GM of Footy role. He'd sort the juniors if allowed and work with a Holbrook type if we could not land a Bellamy or Bennett. 
              Just imagine Bennett as coach and Smith as GM? They had some good run ins over the years...as some here have he's forgotten more than many of us know. 

• His in good shape for a 70 year old!

• Fuck he's looking good. I'd consider putting my schlong in a Angourie pit toilet glory hole just incase Smithy was on the other side. 

• Gold mate - gold. Be careful those Snappers don't get a grip of it

• Naturally Bennett is the man but I'd Parra can't get him for whatever reason can you imagine this board of dopes trying to find a coach ? Now that is a terrifying thought for eels fans . 

Can you all imagine Mcdope and  Sarantinos and the lads on the board having chat and discussing coaching candidates ? Remember that these people went through 80 applicants and came up with Mark O'Neill for the head of football job 🤣🤣

• Frankie, that is something i brought up a few weeks ago. Bennett is interested, it has been reported and makes sense. Souths have no 7, a lazy 1, and well into their 30's 6 & 9. That is a rebuild of a new spine. Wighton goes to 6 but have two rookies in 1 and 9.

Parramatta have Moses, Gutho and Brown. If not Gutho, Lomax. 3/4 of their spine is done and sorted. Bennett would have less work to do. Plus being the coach to break the drought? Pure dick swinging at it's finest for Bennett.

But the thing is, Bennett comes with i do it my way if you don't like it well i am not interested. Gibson had same mentality in 1981. I am not sure this board is willing to give up any of their control. If the committee is true as it is where Sarantinos, McElduff and MON are in charge and BA comes in once in a while, well with Bennett there will be no committee and no GM of footy. It will be Bennett and Sarantinos and Bennett will have final say of who comes and goes. Will the board like that? I highly doubt it.

The only thing stopping Bennett from coming to Parra is a QLD job opening up in NRL and the Parramatta board themselves. This is there chance to bring someone in and let them do the hard work and they can do their jobs as best they can and maybe learn a few things.

But Brent Reid brought it up too that the board are together and are happy, unlike Souths. That can be a bad thing too as not all the board might be happy with Bennett due to control and one fracture can lead to infighting and that can push Bennett away too.

If the board are happy to rebuild, go with a rookie or a retread smarting from their last job. If they want success and feel Arthur is not enough get Bennett. But if they sack BA and move onto say Holbrook but continue the window that is a mistake.

• Josh hannay the only choice 

• Oooooh don't mind that pick.

• Agree, 100%.

• Trent Barret, prolly with Mal as Coaching Director. Also Tony Zappia (aka Shadow Boxer) as CEO. Assistant coaches; Nathan Cayless, Tom Gleason and Peter Dutton, 

That is success right there. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Muttman replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"Our outside backs don't contribute enough and Gutho has been playing on one leg. Simple as that.  If we had the wingers from Sharks or Panthers or Roosters we'd be going a hell of a lot better than we are.  In the 2019 Final against the Broncos we…"
25 minutes ago
Electric Eel 2 replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"PT suggested this the other day. Not a bad call at all IMO."
35 minutes ago
Space Eel replied to Seraph's discussion Injuries and age - who makes the cut?
"I would keep Penesini x2, Brown, Moses, Lomax,RCG, Hopgood Joe OF, Cartwright, Gregg and a few youngsters and then start again firstly with the best young hookers from flegg, a few Semi Radradras and WAYNE and his own crew."
1 hour ago
Yawn replied to Frankie Fong's discussion THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣
"Oh I understand alright and why the personal attacks on Carlo and I. Aren't we allowed an opinion Popper.
And you do understand that PNG is full of pygmys. They're variety are the giant version. The type you're referring to are from The Fuckawi…"
1 hour ago
More…