Tim Mannah on BA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOmvq-Z7VJo

Interesting to hear him talk about BA, saying he kep the key players onside and when in pressure those key players rally the others to support him but when push comes to shove over the board discussing the future of BA the key players are the ones asked and they support him. He is right, all coaches do it and the ones who do not get sacked from the key players. But are we possibly seeing the non key players speaking up now?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The thing that stood out to me is the lack of back up halves and Sanders thrown in out of desperation for BA to keep his job.

Ethan shouldn't even be the back up half at his age but because we had Rankin in the side no other fringe half would come to the EELS as they know they are not going to get a chance as well as the fact that Rankin was never playing first grade again.

No one really cares who wins the reserve grade competition it's all about first grade. The role of the reserve grade is to prepare players for the next step up.

Do we really believe that Rankin is such a great leader and mentor that he was the important to take up a halves spot. His leadership skills and mentoring sure haven't produced anything so far

• Well look at Talagi, how he has been used lately where he's been moved all over that place and is not ready to start anywhere.

Sam Tuivaiti is on top 30 next year and is stuck in Flegg. Wouldn't cup be better for development? Could argue he is not good enough, then why is he on top 30 for 2025?

• I still think this lack of back up halves was due to the longterm goal of Jakob being knighted as " heir apparent ". Choices have been made with that in mind but it's gone awry when the plan wasn't smooth and he went to manly 

to me the hookers have had a similar plan -

mahoney let go , lussick so so ..... 

add to that his " forward heavy " recruitment and you've got a bloody shitshow of robbing Peter to pay Paul in key positions with injuries . 

• Spot on and remember old man hodgson was signed for two years with a third year option. All part of the plan for MA.

• Yes bloody Hodgson I knew there was someone else in the mix !! Senior moment 

• No Carlo it's all the fans fault that we apparently we were too mean to poor old Jake. 

I listened to the TCT podcast the other day and whilst they are generally ok in my view the rhetoric around Matt Arthur is mind boggling. Apparently Brad shouldn't play Matt because we (the fans) might boo him. Also why would Brad play Matt if he might get 'shit canned' from the club.

Firstly how is letting a coach go after 12 seasons at a club without a premiership shit canning them? 

Secondly, whilst I never  condoned the booing nobody would have boo'd him if he was clearly up to first grade.  Did anyone boo Nathan Cleary? Or even Billy Walters? No one is going to boo Matt Arthur if he is clearly capable of first grade. 

• The fact that Jake can't even get a look in on the bench at manly after being chosen by Brad for the finals in front of players like Nathan Brown, just shows how right the fans were on Jake's capabilities. 

If Jake was so good two years back, why can't he get a top.17 gig now with further development and experience under his belt.

It just shows that Jake should have never been chosen. 

• No one in their right mind criticises a player only because they are the coaches son. Most of the criticism was completely valid. He had a pop gun long kick where he struck under the ball rather than kicked through it, he was slow laterally and off the mark and he was an odd body shape for a first grade half. 

I guarantee you that if Matt Arthur does things to a first grade level, and from what I've seen he will, no one will criticise him just because he is the coaches son 

• I have to sort of agree Michael. Was the level of criticism warranted to the young kid who's father was the reason he was being named? No. But if you look at JA's debut, he was good and not many were criticising him. Was not until later in the year when he got more games fans starting seeing he was not much chop in NRL. It got personal later on, but the criticism of naming him on the bench when we didn't really need to and BA never doing it in the past but all of a sudden does? Well that's what we complained about, added in that he was not much good in first place either.

• I may be wrong but wasn't DB pushed out to centre for one game to accommodate Jake to play 5/8? 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Xman replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Moses unlikely for next week+ Origin.
"Last week at the post match ba was saying mitch was close and if not this week definitely next. Strange that he is now saying he has barely started running and only in a straight line..For eels but also for Nsw I dont think he should be picked…"
48 minutes ago
Xman replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"There actually is a lot to this even though it sounds like fluff and that it has come from Moses himself. From what I have heard Moses the manager is really causing some troubles which will probably result in ba getting pushed out. Now regardless of…"
54 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"NOS, great posts and image as usual, buddy.
My suspicion is the board sees BA & MON as solid "blue chip" investments (refer 2019-22) and they're riding the current temporary bearish volatility (injures, low confidence) waiting for a bounceback…"
58 minutes ago
Hell On Eels replied to Hell On Eels's discussion Magic Round 11 v Melbourne: In the Eye of the Storm
"Exactly, Frankie. That sums it up the reality of the situation in a nutshell. Unfortunately, Bennett looks unlikely bar a miracle."
1 hour ago
More…