Replies

  • I will say, though the timing doesn't fit, V'Landys is pushing a big reveal.

    I wonder if Daniel Johns would play, being a novocastrian, to play some Silverchair songs? He wrote them so he can play them. Unlikely but it makes sense with Newcastle making the GF that he might play.

    • Would Roosters fans and players be pissed if a Newcastle act played? A bit unfair to rev one side up over another. 

      • Well I mean he is an act. What if Silverchair were still going strong, they could play any year regardless of who is in the GF. 

    • He lives in Kiama now and drinks at my mates bar every single day., they're besties , and he tells me there's more chance of Daniel playing hooker this weekend than reuniting  or playing their songs  . Ever ! 

       

      I sent my mate the article yesterday and asked him if he could get him keen . 

      • It's a shame he refuses to even play songs he wrote. Must be that bad for him. I understand Daniel Johns is a bit of a hostile character but also one that would be proud of his work as he is extremely talented.

        • Yeah it's a shame.  I'm sure they would have a big following should they do a nostalgic tour . 

           

          He's a different dude that's for sure . Just bought in Kiama few years back  , wandered into my mates bar one day , became besties ,  obviously liked the vibe and just kept coming back for 2 beers every day lol. Doesn't really go anywhere else in town. Goes there , goes home , other than that he's virtually a ghost in town. 

  • David Boon's grandson 

  • I'll scalp my tickets then as I'll already have heard his 3 songs. 

  • Get Drake or Olivia Dean, NRL is so far back on who their audience is. The demographic is so different now, they still treat the entertainment side of the game like it's still in the 80s and 90s bringing in Jimmy Barnes and co that's boring doesn't speak to the new audience or new gen. You want something that suits today's Era of music not a rock singer every year and the NRL wonders why they keep failing on entertainment. Kid Laroi was good, Teddy swims was great keep the momentum of big stars coming or this game will still be stuck. We need to modernise it and bring actual superstars to make the spectacle worthwhile like the Super Bowl.

    • Easier said than done to just get those acts. For the money they'll charge too.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Wizard “Alcatraz “Sleeve replied to Johnny Suede's discussion The rumour is Benson Boone is the grand final entertainment this Sunday
"Yeah it's a shame.  I'm sure they would have a big following should they do a nostalgic tour . 
 
He's a different dude that's for sure . Just bought in Kiama few years back  , wandered into my mates bar one day , became besties ,  obviously liked…"
50 minutes ago
LB replied to Johnny Suede's discussion The rumour is Benson Boone is the grand final entertainment this Sunday
"Easier said than done to just get those acts. For the money they'll charge too."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Johnny Suede's discussion The rumour is Benson Boone is the grand final entertainment this Sunday
"It's a shame he refuses to even play songs he wrote. Must be that bad for him. I understand Daniel Johns is a bit of a hostile character but also one that would be proud of his work as he is extremely talented."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Johnny Suede's discussion The rumour is Benson Boone is the grand final entertainment this Sunday
"Well I mean he is an act. What if Silverchair were still going strong, they could play any year regardless of who is in the GF. "
1 hour ago
More…