THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣

If Brad Arthur had any decency he would step down and give Eels' fans some happiness.

What’s The Buzz: Brad Arthur rubbishes suggestions he is set to quit Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur fires up over speculation he is set to depart the club and talk that his players lack the fitness to compete in the NRL.

We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

You were on NRL 360 spraying the hell out of me,” he said. “You’re saying I’m not the right person for this job. If you don’t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.”

My comments about his future were made after the Eels’ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side – on a night he himself said “we gave up.”

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

“I don’t know who told you that rubbish,” he said, “I won’t be walking away from anything. Never.

b31e0dc22df2c3dee074806f236f0306

“I’m not going to walk out on the team. We’ll fight our way out of it. The club can make whatever decision they feel is right, but I’m not walking away.”

Arthur’s Eels have been dubbed the NRL’s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

“It’s got nothing to do with our fitness or that we’re getting tired,” he said.

“We’re not managing the game properly. We’re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and we’ve got to fix it. The bottom line is we’ve got to play for 80 minutes.”

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do you really think the board at their latest meeting would have decided that Analyst......hmmmmm.....more erection problems is my guess........does anyone know what needs to be done to get rid of this epidemic

• I am thinking outside the box and saying Micheal Cheika.

• PT suggested this the other day. Not a bad call at all IMO.

• Allegedly the media are reporting that the board are giving ba time to turn around the ship.  Once we can't make the finals or we keep sinking ba will be punted. I would say that would be his kpi in there somewhere. 

• old whisky cheeks firing up bushy lol.....two absolute flogs going at it 

• I get why Arthur isn't quitting. I mean, who would unless they had something else lined up.

Buzz needs to ask O'Neill why we have ZERO first grade standard spine replacement options for injury cover.

• What pisses me off is that it's taken 'Yestersdays Hero' ol' wine breath to take this leech to task. The only problem is that he isn't doing this for the long suffering Parramatta fans, he's doing it because he's read the room and has decided to get on the band wagon knowing full well the Eels fans will be applauding him.

Now as for the BA quitting - forget it. He ain't a quitter (I've never known anyone on the gravy train to say they've taken enough). 

And he won't get a job as an NRl head coach. No other board would have him. Assitant only is his destiny.

• Well the Pope was getting a good run here Yawn and you stuffed him up, BA will be heavily chased, simple maths really 8 make it and the rest don't. 

He will be a perfect match for the PNG side. 

• Yes Popper of course. If the NRL grant a licence to PNG and BA becomes the coach the only chasing that will happen is a colony of pigmys might chase BA into the forest and turn him into dinner after a few weeks of BA special performances.

Now seriously this is the problem with people like you Popper.  You're happy that BA has got the team to the top 8 (finals) on a few occasions.

But Pops what he got to show for it. 

I repeat that leech will be lucky to be an assistant at any club.

• Omg colony of Pygmy's 

that's killing me 

just quietly I think he would be very tough meat - 🤔 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Perpetual Motion replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"Isaac Moses doesnt manage Lomax."
21 minutes ago
LB posted a discussion
Ethyn Martin, his second try showed what we are lacking in terms of a Winger. Showed a nice mixture of pace, strength, agility and balance. He is raw, very raw, but his ceiling is very high. The fact he was sitting in Ron Massey for more than half…
27 minutes ago
Perpetual Motion replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Joey Johns has called Fletcher Sharpe a generational talent but he was injured when Ponga went down.
They also have Will Price who they hope will develop into a high class player.
Voltano is younger but may end up being the best of the crop."
39 minutes ago
adnan replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Heard she is a parra supporter"
1 hour ago
More…