THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣

If Brad Arthur had any decency he would step down and give Eels' fans some happiness.

What’s The Buzz: Brad Arthur rubbishes suggestions he is set to quit Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur fires up over speculation he is set to depart the club and talk that his players lack the fitness to compete in the NRL.

We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

You were on NRL 360 spraying the hell out of me,” he said. “You’re saying I’m not the right person for this job. If you don’t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.”

My comments about his future were made after the Eels’ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side – on a night he himself said “we gave up.”

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

“I don’t know who told you that rubbish,” he said, “I won’t be walking away from anything. Never.

b31e0dc22df2c3dee074806f236f0306

“I’m not going to walk out on the team. We’ll fight our way out of it. The club can make whatever decision they feel is right, but I’m not walking away.”

Arthur’s Eels have been dubbed the NRL’s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

“It’s got nothing to do with our fitness or that we’re getting tired,” he said.

“We’re not managing the game properly. We’re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and we’ve got to fix it. The bottom line is we’ve got to play for 80 minutes.”

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Rothfield is doing God's work. He's the first reporter in 10 years who's put the screws on this fraud. 

• This.....

• God is now on your side Heisen.....mmmm....I'll  have to wait for your confirmation (pun inferred lol).

• You're probably closer to God than me Poppa so start praying for forgiveness of your sins.

• Can anyine here say they'd walk away from their job if they wernt performing well enough ?  At the end of the day it's a job , so of course you'd say that so you can ensure you're paid out your remaining year . I'm not saying he should or shoudnt be here next season, but I'd challenge anyone to truthfully say they'd walk away from the best part of a million bucks for 2025 without a payout or somewhere else to go ? 

" hey family , I have no income for next year but at least I've kept the Parra fans happy "  I know I wouldn't walk away that's for damn sure . The club is the ones you shoud be angry with for doing the deal. Would you expect Moses to simply walk away from his millions just to so the right thing if he was playing shit ?   If anything here , he should advise the club he's happy for them to pay him out and replace him. But anyine that says they'd simply give up their families income is full of it . 

• If I felt I have done everything possible and didn't feel I was contributing or getting that company to be more successful. I would start looking for another job, finding another avenue to go down, keep trying to get out of there and not wreck the reputation I built. If that means I have to clean toilets for 12 months while a opportunity comes up or I better my career level, so be it. 

• If yoiur job was paying over 15K a week youd go and clean toilets for 600 bucks a week ?  Come on bro 😂

• Sometimes it's about your reputation and what you have achieved and built. I doubt the Arthur house is a happy environment at the moment. 

• Reputation means nothing in Rugby league.  Des Hasler sacked from Manly, destroyed Bulldogs got another job.  Ricky Stuart nothing achieved since landing coaching gig of superstar Roosters side but never been out of a job.  Griffin, Barrett, Siebold even Ivan Cleary at times have all been classed as useless coaches and cancers to the club they were at but all got new coaching roles.

For the squad, boards, salary cap issues and lack of TPA's BA has dealt with he hasn't done to bad.  It is just that he has been at 1 club to long.  He will definitely get another job after we finally get rid of him.

• Good post FM

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Vlandys is moist for the blackfullas. Will probably have his suspension pushed to next years trials so he doesn't disappoint the Panthers fans once it all blows over.  See what happens when he goes soft on these clowns , if he gave him his medicine…"
52 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"Always had oodles of speed, just no playmakers good enough to do anything with it. "
58 minutes ago
LB replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"My 18 month old nephew could kick a ball off a tee while going to a local park in Cessnock and Johns would say he is a prodigy. The bloke backs Newcastle every week, now it has worked the last month but early in the year he was picking them and…"
2 hours ago
LB replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Warriors aren't even winning with Shaun Johnson. I tipped them for a poor year and seems i lucked myself into a right tip. Now Johnson is out, they are more screwed. Webster now seeing what it is like being an NRL head coach.
As for out of the top…"
2 hours ago
More…