THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣

If Brad Arthur had any decency he would step down and give Eels' fans some happiness.

What’s The Buzz: Brad Arthur rubbishes suggestions he is set to quit Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur fires up over speculation he is set to depart the club and talk that his players lack the fitness to compete in the NRL.

We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

You were on NRL 360 spraying the hell out of me,” he said. “You’re saying I’m not the right person for this job. If you don’t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.”

My comments about his future were made after the Eels’ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side – on a night he himself said “we gave up.”

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

“I don’t know who told you that rubbish,” he said, “I won’t be walking away from anything. Never.

b31e0dc22df2c3dee074806f236f0306

“I’m not going to walk out on the team. We’ll fight our way out of it. The club can make whatever decision they feel is right, but I’m not walking away.”

Arthur’s Eels have been dubbed the NRL’s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

“It’s got nothing to do with our fitness or that we’re getting tired,” he said.

“We’re not managing the game properly. We’re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and we’ve got to fix it. The bottom line is we’ve got to play for 80 minutes.”

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If he had any self respect and really rated himself he would leave. I mean if he's THAT good he would have countless suitors fighting for his signature.

Simple fact is he knows he won't and will struggle to get as gig as good as he has at the Eels.

• Name me a Coach who quits mid contract? Anyone?  
    All coaches get sacked. BA has a contract until the end of next year. Even if he wanted to leave he wouldn't quit, he'd be walking away with nothing. 
    Anyone expecting BA to quit is being unrealistic. I hold no ill-will towards BA for not quitting. It's not his call, it's Jim and the Board's call. If we're going to get upset about BA being our Coach blame the Board and the CEO. 

• Ricky Stuart quit the Eels mid contract. Daniel Anderson quit the Warriors mid contract. Trent Barrett quit the bulldogs mid contract. Maquire quit the New Zealand  post, Just off the top of my head, there must be more. Surely we can get Brad onto that list, just need the right conditions I guess.

• Stuart quit the Eels to take up the Raiders gig, Anderson and Barrett both would of been sacked had they stayed longer at their respective clubs and quit because it was a jump or be pushed situation, while Maguire quit as the NZ board didn't want him to coach the national side alongside the Origin side.

• I think the point that Mutts is making is right! its semantic to get into the detail. Those guys would have had a settlement negotiated for certain,They weren't actually disgraced or criminally negligent.

• He'll eventually walk I feel.

A large portion of the fans have turned their thoughts on him to where a number of us have always been, some of the media are starting to come for him.. each loss is going to heap more pressure. He cant afford the side to be hot and cold , lethargic and disinterested any more because its about ready to kick off here. The pressure is building, it will be there pre game next week when the crowd voices their opinion and if the players put in another inept showing the calls will get louder.

• SACK BRAD ARTHUR!

• I would not mind a dollar for every time I have heard that in the last 6/7 years PP....it must be sad when no one takes any notice of you and you have to repeat yourself all the time;

I know I get upset everytime I am told I am a fucking old nuisance, then again as I said to Fong on the 168th insult, its just water of a ducks back and I don't lose sleep over anything on social media.

I think the general consensus, is just ignore the old bastard......where's Sir Col when I need him. You up and coming old bastards better get a move on, your game is slipping.....Frank the Tank is becoming so rigid he is like the "erection" that won't go away. LOL

• Why doesn't buzz stand down and quit.  His stories are taken from social media and his biggest column is about seeing footy players being seen at the shops or cafe.  He continually gets proven wrong when he speculates on a story that might happen.

The truth is most people wouldn't quit their job unless they had something else lined up or they were about to be pushed.  It is the boards job to get rid of BA not his responsibility to quit cause people don't like him or his methods.

• Exactly  right . His hypocrisy is hilarious. You'd be hard pressed finding anyine that would say that Buzz does his job well. But you wouldn't see him stepping down to make way for a better reporter. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

BEM replied to Simon Priestly's discussion ZERO TACKLE OFF CONTRACT LIST
"Our pathways suck as does our juniors. 
To many Rousehill Rhinos. 
It will take years and years and years to get our pathways right and that's with a competent board, R&R committee, CEO and coach.
With all the Muppets we have, it could take a decade…"
4 minutes ago
ParraPride replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Lots of grubs and criminals come out from penrith.."
10 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"4 teams below us travelling worse is pretty funny actually 🤣. "
12 minutes ago
Eli Stephens replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"They sure can attack, but don't do anything else well 🤣"
14 minutes ago
More…