If Brad Arthur had any decency he would step down and give Eels' fans some happiness.

Ā 

Ā 

Whatā€™s The Buzz: Brad Arthur rubbishes suggestions he is set to quit Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur fires up over speculation he is set to depart the club and talk that his players lack the fitness to compete in the NRL.

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

ā€œYou were on NRL 360Ā spraying the hell out of me,ā€ he said. ā€œYouā€™re saying Iā€™m not the right person for this job. If you donā€™t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.ā€

My comments about his future were made after the Eelsā€™ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side ā€“ on a night he himself said ā€œwe gave up.ā€

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

ā€œI donā€™t know who told you that rubbish,ā€ he said, ā€œI wonā€™t be walking away from anything. Never.

b31e0dc22df2c3dee074806f236f0306

ā€œIā€™m not going to walk out on the team. Weā€™ll fight our way out of it. The club can make whatever decision they feel is right, but Iā€™m not walking away.ā€

Arthurā€™s Eels have been dubbed the NRLā€™s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

ā€œItā€™s got nothing to do with our fitness or that weā€™re getting tired,ā€ he said.

Ā 

ā€œWeā€™re not managing the game properly. Weā€™re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and weā€™ve got to fix it. The bottom line is weā€™ve got to play for 80 minutes.ā€

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

Ā Ā 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What a prickĀ 

so self absorbedĀ 

makes me want to puke worse than a bottle of southern comfortĀ 

• Southern Comfort .. do they still make that swill ? Brings back some terrible memories.Ā 

• I haven't seen it in many a moon - it tasted like medicine - bad medicine . Don't know what I was doing šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøit was the 80sĀ 

• Would you give up your income if some parents said you wernt a good teacher ?Ā 

• Well that wouldn't happen wiz - I'm a winner and exceptional at my jobĀ 

I have actually won awards as a teacher, I've Ā been on an advertisement for an awards ceremonyĀ 

BA would be lucky to be on an ad at Peter Wynns ( and I doubt wynn likes his coaching much eitherĀ 

• That's not answering the question. Ā I'm sure Brad won an award or two when he was coaching bush footy. The question is wouid you walk away from your income if some parents decided they wanted you out. Let's for arguments sake say they found you be too much of a distraction for their husbands and some fat Karen started a petition on behalf of all the other fat helicopter mums to punt you Ā . Wouid you walk away from the best part of a million a year and leave your family without security. Or would you stick iit out and force their hand to pay you off to leave ?Ā 

• Why would anyone expect him to quit? He is stubborn as heck and will dig his heels in and most would! Ā 

• It's true unfortunately. It's his dream job with bosses who don't demand accountability.Ā 

Ā 

• It's called human decency .

Ā  BAĀ  has sucked from this club for 11 years and become a millionaire because Parramatta , if ParramattaĀ  never gave him a Job his only prospects in life was driving aĀ  truck for JJ Richards and living in Doonside .Ā 

Ā 

He has caused untold depression to eels fans and only god knows how many eels fans have been institutionalised with a nervous breakdown because of Brad and his bush coaching methods .

• JJ Richards? LOL! They'd be the only ones to take him.BINGO have higher standards.How the hell do you keep a coaching gig for 11 years with no prize? Our club motto should be "WE STRIVE FOR MEDIOCRITY ".

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

CŹœÉŖį“‡Ņ“ - šŸ˜˜ replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"There could be another huge rebuild if things don't change now"
3 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"I honestly don't know or know of anyone like that. They definitely exist no doubt.Ā "
4 minutes ago
Muttman replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"The Tatts on the neck/ face are rarely good. His surname on his neck is just horrendous/ cringe. No brains for sure.Ā If guilty definite ban for life.Ā "
6 minutes ago
CŹœÉŖį“‡Ņ“ - šŸ˜˜ replied to Eli Stephens's discussion TITANS ATTACK
"Yes but not with o'neill and Brad. There are good players to build upon, but there's no confidence that these two will improve the situation.Ā  It's on a knife's edge as we speak. Can go either way. Some big decisions need to be made around ourā€¦"
8 minutes ago
Moreā€¦