THE BUSH COACH WILL NEVER QUIT 🤣🤣

If Brad Arthur had any decency he would step down and give Eels' fans some happiness.

What’s The Buzz: Brad Arthur rubbishes suggestions he is set to quit Eels

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur fires up over speculation he is set to depart the club and talk that his players lack the fitness to compete in the NRL.

We had a terse exchange when I phoned him last week to ask if he would walk away from the job if his team failed to make the top eight for the second year in a row.

You were on NRL 360 spraying the hell out of me,” he said. “You’re saying I’m not the right person for this job. If you don’t think I can coach, fair enough, but you need to own what you said.”

My comments about his future were made after the Eels’ capitulation in Darwin two weeks ago against an understrength Dolphins side – on a night he himself said “we gave up.”

So I put it to Arthur that there was talk he would quit if the team failed to make the top eight, taking the decision off the club administration.

“I don’t know who told you that rubbish,” he said, “I won’t be walking away from anything. Never.

b31e0dc22df2c3dee074806f236f0306

“I’m not going to walk out on the team. We’ll fight our way out of it. The club can make whatever decision they feel is right, but I’m not walking away.”

Arthur’s Eels have been dubbed the NRL’s 40-minute footy team.

Fox Sports Lab stats reveal Parramatta would be running second in the competition behind the Broncos on a first-half premiership ladder this year. But they drop to 14th for second-half performances.

Arthur denied the players were not fit enough.

“It’s got nothing to do with our fitness or that we’re getting tired,” he said.

“We’re not managing the game properly. We’re beating ourselves with second-half fade outs and we’ve got to fix it. The bottom line is we’ve got to play for 80 minutes.”

The Eels have won just three of their eight games this year.

They have the bye this weekend but then two tough games against the Broncos and Melbourne Storm, both without skipper Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Welcome back Tom!!!

• Like Ben Kenobi said Luke "I'll be with you..always" Frank.

• 😂😂😂

Good to see you back Tom...

• This is Bennet's 14th year since he won a premiership with a stacked dragons side. And none of the clubs he has been at since have gone on to win it either. 

• He did say once on an episode of 'The Fan' where they asked the coaches what job would you be doing if you weren't a head coach. Most said PE teaching or personal trainer or something where they teach, BA said he more likely would be doing something that was hard work like construction or something hahaha.

• LB all I can hear from that post is Forrest gumps voice 

" I may not be a smart man ...." 

😆😆

• And what is wrong with that, what's your point. Do you despise people who would rather get their hands dirty to earn a living. I suppose you work in an office and paint your nails like Reece Walsh.

• He was assistant at Manly and Melbourne before he came to us two of the best clubs in the game. Before he came we couldn't sign a bums arsehole. With players like carl Webb and Willie tonga signed in their late 30s and don't get me started on lee Mossop. Brad seems great as a man manager and culture improver. But I think he lacks tactical ability in attack and defence and either doesn't have the time or ability to pursue talent identification. 

• He will end his time at Parra as a maligned figure who the narrative will be put himself and his family above the club. I don't think its all reality.. but his lack of results , not knowing when his time is up, Jakes career here, his developoment of non NRL standard players from the Rouse Hill Rhinos. and the eroding of the culture he helped instil  is not going to look favourably on him in time.

• Yeah got a point SP. It is getting to a point where what could be fondly looked out could be despised by the end. As Jurgen Klopp said in his introduction to Liverpool "It is not what people think when you arrive, it is what do people think of you when you leave".

Now not saying BA should have fell on his sword or anything as he has every right to keep coaching if he has a contract. But the board are making it worse and worse by their apparent arrogance and lunacy in the situaiton.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Perpetual Motion replied to Sterlo's Nose's discussion Dragons’ secret plot to poach teen prodigy
"Isaac Moses doesnt manage Lomax."
43 minutes ago
LB posted a discussion
Ethyn Martin, his second try showed what we are lacking in terms of a Winger. Showed a nice mixture of pace, strength, agility and balance. He is raw, very raw, but his ceiling is very high. The fact he was sitting in Ron Massey for more than half…
48 minutes ago
Perpetual Motion replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion David Armstrong
"Joey Johns has called Fletcher Sharpe a generational talent but he was injured when Ponga went down.
They also have Will Price who they hope will develop into a high class player.
Voltano is younger but may end up being the best of the crop."
1 hour ago
adnan replied to Frankie Fong's discussion ANOTHER COWARD IS FOUND
"Heard she is a parra supporter"
1 hour ago
More…